.08

ZOE

"Hey," I said to Laurel, "so I was thinking."

"Oh god." she said.

"What?" I asked.

"It's never good when you start a conversation with, 'so I was thinking'."

"Don't be rude, asshole. Anyway I was thinking since today is the last day of school, and dad happens to be on a 'business trip' in Guam for the weekend, we could have an end of year party tomorrow night."

"No." Laurel said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Dad would kill us if he found out!" She replied.

"No he wouldn't." I laughed. "He literally doesn't give a shit what we do."

"I thought you had a date with Luke."

"No that's tonight."

"Oh."

"So... yes?" I asked.

"Ask dad."

"Ugh, you're so annoying. Fine."

Zoe: hey laur and I are gonna have a party at the house tomorrow

Father: ok but if the cops get called run. if u get caught ur grounded

Zoe: lol try and ground me dad

Zoe: you're hilarious, really

Father: but really just don't drink and drive, k? love u

Zoe: lol k love you too

"Told you he wouldn't care." I said, showing Laurel the texts.

"Sweet, I'm excited." She said, smiling.

We walked down to lunch, got our trays and went and sat at our usual table with the boys.

"We're having a party tomorrow at our house for the end of the school year. You guys are playing, no exceptions." I said, sitting down.

Calum laughed and said, "Well okay then. Practice tonight, guys?"

"I can't." Luke and Ashton said simultaneously.

"You guys have been around them too much." Michael scoffed, pointing in mine and Laurel's direction.

"Shut up asswipe, you love us." I said.

"No, I love Laurel. You're just annoying." He joked, throwing a fry at me.

"Whatever. You've loved me ever since we kissed in that closet. You just won't admit it."

"That was the weirdest thing of my life. It felt like I was kissing my sister." He said with a disgusted look on his face.

"Hey, you said I was a good kisser. You're totally in love with me." I said with a mouth full of food. That was kind of my bad habit. Michael rolled his eyes and mumbled something under his breath. "What was that, Mikey?" I asked, taunting him.

"Oh nothing." He smirked.

"God, I hate you." I laughed.

"Luke, would you agree that she's a good kisser?" Mikey asked, making Luke's face instantly go red.

"I think you're embarrassing him." Ash giggled.

"I'm just not gonna say anything, you guys are dicks." Luke said with his mouth full of food.