.02

ZOE

The next few days flew by, and it was finally Friday. Laurel and I had spent a lot of time with the boys, especially Luke and Ashton since we were stuck in detention together. I felt kind of bad for them, because they were still struggling to tell Laurel and me apart. I don't blame them though, we literally look exactly alike.

We both have wavy brown hair down to our hips, light blue eyes, we're both exactly 5 feet 8 and a half inches tall, and I only weigh one more pound than Laurel. Always have, probably always will. Like, it never fails. If she gains a pound, so do I. If I lose three, so does she. Always. One. Pound. More.

We sat down at lunch, and Ashton said to Michael and Calum, "Zoe is in the Nirvana shirt today, Laurel is in the Fall Out Boy shirt."

"Thanks dude." Calum said.

Laurel and I just laughed. Every morning before English, Luke and Ashton guesses who's who. They're actually getting pretty good at telling us apart. Michael and Calum, however, not so much. It's kinda hard because they only see us at lunch. Luke, Ashton, Laurel and I have English together, then Luke and I have choir together, and Ashton and Laurel have band together, and then we all have detention. So they see way more of us than Michael and Calum do.

"You guys are still coming tonight, right?" Ashton said, clearly more to Laurel than to me.

She smiled at him and said, "Of course! Wouldn't miss it for the world."

I just so happened to look at Michael right as she said that, and he rolled his eyes. I started cracking up; earning me confused looks from everyone at the table except for Michael, who I was looking at. He must've known I saw him.

"What is so funny, Zoe?" Laurel asked.

"Nothing." I said, and then took a bite of my grilled cheese. "This grilled cheese is really good."

"This what?" Luke asked, laughing.

"Grilled cheese...?" I said cautiously.

"That's a cheese toastie." Ashton said.

"It's a grilled cheese." I replied.

"Nope, pretty sure it's a cheese toastie." Ashton said

"And I'm pretty sure that it's a grilled cheese. I quite frankly don't give a rat's ass about your weird Australian lingo, I'm American, and this, is a grilled cheese." I said, and then took another bite.

Luke started cracking up after that. "You're kinda awesome." He said.

"I know." I said with a mouthful of grilled cheese. Luke smiled.

After 6th period, Laurel and I were at out lockers.

"Hey, I'm gonna go get food after detention with Ash." Laurel said.

"Okay." I said. "You're coming home before the party, right? I don't wanna have to show up alone."

"Yeah of course!" She said, "We're getting ready together."

"Getting ready? I was just gonna wear this." I had on my nirvana shirt, black skinny jeans, and combat boots. It was perfectly fine to wear to the party. I know because I asked Luke and he said so.

"Don't you wanna like do your hair or makeup or something?" Laurel asked.

"Not really." I said.

"Well okay then."

I shut my locker and started to walk towards AP World History when Laurel said, "oh hey, one more thing."

"Yeah?" I asked.