5

Todoroki glanced around, feeling unsettled even more than before.

"What is it Todoroki?" Midoriya asked, seeing his friend look around.

"I feel like we're being followed," Todoroki said, looking over his shoulder.

"I feel like we're in danger," Tsuyu said, shuffling closer to Iida as people began surrounding them, rather just staring.

Iida held his arm in front of her.

Uraraka yelped when something flew at her. She slapped the object and it started floating.

"Mutants!" Someone shouted.

Iida stepped in front of Tsuyu, "Yes, we are mutants! There is no reason to be acting so aggressively!"

"I knew it!" Someone in the crowd roared. "Call a catcher!"

"Forget the catcher!" Another person yelled. "Kill them now!"

"What!" Midoriya cried. "There's no reason to attack them!"

Todoroki backed up, standing in front of his friends, "We're not--!"

"Back off Regs!"

Todoroki stumbled back into Iida and Tsuyu when someone landed in front of him.

The people in the crowd screamed as blue flames erupted in front of them.

"You touch these mutants and I'll incinerate all of you!"

Todoroki looked at the young man in front of him, his eyes growing wide, "T-Toya?"

"Cork it twerp," Toya spat over his shoulder. "You're gonna get it when we get home."

"Todoroki you know him?" Uraraka asked.

"He's...T-Toya?" Todoroki felt tears well in his eyes.

"Get the mutants!"

Toya swung around to the voice coming from the street.

Two men with cattle prods and animal catcher poles ran towards them from a truck.

Toya pushed down Todoroki's head and shot a blast of blue fire at the men, narrowly missing Midoriya who ducked out of the way.

"Back off!" Toya shouted, rage filling his eyes.

The men screamed, stumbling away as their suits melted like rubber.

"Toya!" Todoroki shoved the young man back.

Toya didn't listen, increasing the strength of his attack.

One of the men fell to the ground, screaming in agony as he held his face.

"Toya! You're hurting them!" Todoroki shouted.

Toya stopped abruptly at Todoroki's words. He looked down at the blue glow emitting from his hands.

"Monsters!" Someone in the street yelled. "Deadly, disgraceful animals!"

Toya turned to them, the words echoing in his head much like they had years ago.

Toya started breathing heavily as if panicked.

"Toya?" Todoroki grabbed his forearm.

Midoriya looked around as sirens blared and lights flashed in the distance.

Toya felt his pulse racing as cars screeched to a stop in the street.

Tsuyu yelped as Toya scooped both her and Todoroki up, lugging them over either shoulder.

"Toya!" Todoroki shouted.

"Grab two and run, Legs!" Toya ordered as he dashed down the sidewalk.

Iida did as told, flinging Midoriya and Uraraka over his shoulders.

"Can you propel yourself into the air?" Toya asked Iida.

"Yes," Iida responded.

"Then blast off!" Toya demanded, immediately using his flames to hurl himself into the air.

Iida followed him.

With a few more bursts, Toya and Iida shot out of the city.

Toya slowed himself with his flames and landed on the ground just outside a forest.

Iida landed behind him.

"This way," Toya said, running into the woods.

Iida followed him.

Toya set down Todoroki and Tsuyu.

Iida did the same with Midoriya and Uraraka.

Toya grabbed a small green bush and yanked it towards himself.

It lifted up a sheet of false dirt, revealing a hatch with a keypad.

Toya swiftly typed in the access code and the hatch fell inwards.

"Get in!" Toya shoved Todoroki into the opening.

Todoroki shouted in surprise at the sudden movement, falling into the hole.

Tsuyu climbed in and Uraraka followed.

Iida jumped in next.

Toya grabbed Midoriya by the chest of his shirt before he could climb in.

Midoriya looked up at him in terror, smelling the fabric of his shirt burning.

"Listen Reg," Toya spat. "I don't trust you in the slightest, but I heard you defend those mutants and I saw you about to jump ahead and protect them. So that, and only that, is the reason I am letting you come."

Midoriya stared at him, fear glazing his green eyes.

"One damn slip up, or you hurt any mutants," Toya growled. "I will burn you alive. Understood?"

"Y-Yes," Midoriya squeaked.

Toya released Midoriya and pushed the teen into the hole, much like he did with Todoroki.

Toya climbed into the hole, grabbing a handle on the bottom of the false dirt patch.

He pulled it in place and closed the hatch, locking it.

Toya turned to the dark tunnel, flipping a switch on the wall, which lit a row of lights along the walls.

Toya growled, gripping his hair, "How could I do that? I could've...I might have killed those people!"

"It's okay Toya," Todoroki said quickly, running to the young man.

"Knock it off Shoto!" Toya shouted, fire spreading across his shoulders.

Todoroki stumbled back.

Midoriya stood in front of his friends, "Sir, please calm down."

Toya glared at Midoriya, "Do you want to die little boy!"

"Toya, leave him alone! He's my friend!" Todoroki pulled Midoriya back.

"Todoroki how do you know this man?" Iida asked, karate chopping the air. He hoped to actually get the answer this time. "I only followed him because it appeared you trusted him! Now he is antagonizing Midoriya!"

Todoroki looked at Toya, "He's my brother, Toya Todoroki."