10

"This is great!" A blonde man laughed, watching the news as it flashed with blue lights from a mutant's fire attack.

"Great?" A pitchy male voice asked, from behind the man. "A large quantity of civilians were attacked, a Mutant Catcher was hospitalized with fourth degree burns!"

"Not that Nezu!" The man spat. "This attack is the perfect way for me to boost my campaign!"

Nezu tilted his head, "I suppose you're right, Toshinori. We could use this story to boost our ratings!"

"Mr. Yagi!" A green haired teen ran into the office. "Mr.Yagi! Have you seen the news from last night?"

"Yes Izuku I have," Toshinori laughed. "It's great isn't it?"

"Great? A bunch of civilians--"

"Not that!" Toshinori spat, "What kind of Psychopath do you two think I am?"

"Sorry sir," Izuku bowed.

Toshinori rolled his eyes, "Nezu, get a speech started for the next debate."

Nezu walked up to Toshinori, typing away on a tablet, "Already working on it sir."

Toshinori nodded.

"Mayor Yagi," Someone barged into the room.

Izuku gasped and grabbed Nezu, holding him like a stuffed animal under his arm.

Nezu stiffened with a forced wide smile and remained tense as Izuku took the tablet and pretend to be playing on it.

Toshinori glanced at the two with panic and quickly felt relieved seeing their placement. He glared at the man in the doorway, "I remember a time when someone knocks before entering!"

"My...my apologies sir, but your presence is being requested. The City Council needs you to address the public over last night's mutant attack."

"I will!" Toshinori spat. "Just get out of here! My assistant and I were in the middle of something!"

"I can't wait to observe the next debate!" Izuku smiled wide at Toshinori.

"I know kid," Toshinori smiled, touching Izuku's head. "Keep your cards straight and you could be Mayor one day too!"

"You really think!" Izuku smiled.

"Definitely!" Toshinori glared at the man in the door. "Got cotton in your ears? Leave!"

The man closed the door quickly and left.

Izuku, Nezu, and Toshinori all sighed in relief.

"Put me down. Now," Nezu ordered.

Izuku set the sentient mouse down, "Sorry Mr. Nezu. It was my first idea."

Nezu held his paw out for the tablet, "I'd have much rather been kicked under the desk, but I will only accept it this once since you saved my cover."

Izuku gave him the tablet back.

Nezu walked away to an armchair in the corner, continuing to type on the tablet.

Toshinori looked at Izuku, "You weren't out last night were you?"

Izuku shook his head, "No sir. I was in bed at the time of the attack."

Toshinori nodded, "Good. Can't have anything happening to my apprentice now can I?"

Izuku smiled as Toshinori ruffled his hair, "No sir."

"You've got a lot ahead of you Izuku," Toshinori said. "Just remember to stay safe."

"I will Mr. Yagi."

"Toshinori," Nezu jumped off his chair.

"What is it Nezu?" Toshinori turned to the mouse.

"It appears that mutant attack was not the only incident with mutants last night."

"What do you mean?" Toshinori looked at him.

Nezu showed him the tablet, which was displaying a social media page littered with pictures of disfigured mutants.

Toshinori took the tablet, reading the picture captions as he scrolled.

Circus is in town!

The picture following showed a teenager with the head of a crow, a teen that looked like a rock creature, a teen with a lion's tail, a tall teen with large lips, and a short blonde teen who looked like he was sparkling.

Toshinori's brows creased as he scrolled.

Another picture was of a tiny boy with what looked like purple bubbles around his scalp being carried by a tall teen with multiple arms.

There was a girl with jacks protruding from her earlobes.

A floating set of clothes.

A pink bug girl with a boy who's elbows looked like tape dispensers.

One picture was of a blonde with spiky hair, raising his hand to the camera with a red head teen trying to pull him back.

The picture that immediately followed was a blur of red and orange like an explosion went off.

There was a blonde boy with a black lightning bolt in his hair:

Since when is Pikachu human?

There was a picture of a girl with a frog appearance.

This is adorable, but I'm calling a MC.

Toshinori's eyes widened at the last picture, rage filling his features.

It was a picture of two blonde men and a black haired woman, all in costumes.

Check out these cool street performers!

One of the men was incredibly tall, with a colorful costume. He stood with a wide grin and his fists on his hips.

The other man was average height, his head only reaching the other man's chest. His hair stood up to the other man's cheek bone. He had a pair of headphones over his ears. He held up a rock sign with both hands and had his tongue out, his chin resting on a speaker around his neck.

The woman wore a skintight costume, she leaned towards the shorter blonde. She gave the camera a flirty look, biting her bottom lip like a seductress.

Toshinori looked at a man in the background who was glaring in their direction. He had his chin and shoulders covered by a scarf, but Toshinori recognized him.

"That son of a bitch dared to come here," Toshinori growled.

"Who?" Izuku looked over his mentor's shoulder.

Toshinori slapped the tablet into Izuku's chest, "Shota Aizawa."

Izuku's eyes widened and he looked at the screen, frowning when he only noticed the two blondes and the woman.

Toshinori walked to his desk and dropped into his chair.

"What are we going to do about the mutants?" Nezu asked. "Surely they are planning an uprising of some kind."

Toshinori hummed, "No. Shota would be their ring leader, those monsters have been dependant on that blind bastard since he started being an inspiration, he wouldn't be so careless. Something else is going on."

Izuku squinted at the tablet, zooming in, still trying to find Shota Aizawa in the picture.

Nezu ripped the device from his hands, slapping the teen.

Izuku rubbed where he was struck.

Toshinori stood up, "Izuku, check my calendar and find a free day."

Izuku pulled up his own phone, "Yes sir...um, why though?"

Toshinori walked to the window, "I think I'll be taking a trip soon."