Student President

After the a blur of classes. I was ready to go back to my world. The school system was way more rigid than I thought and I usually was passing out good grades in school.

"If you need any help, I'm always around at the club room or here," Yui said placing the requested books on the table. I used them as a makeshift headrest. The president sighed at my attempts to take a nap.

"You also need to pick a club," she started to bring out a brochure in front of my blanked face.

'Why can't she leave me alone. I want to be alone. I can't keep acting social for this long' I gently took the brochure out of her hand. She then pointed to a bulletin board showing other clubs. I nodded along with her.

"Sure. But I heard that being a student council member was not really a popular position," her face bristled at the comment.

I smirked at the reaction. Only for her face to turn with indifference.

"It's not a place for everyone. The student council does more than the average conduct. Not just any student can get in and that I will admit is not as 'popular' among the students" she states grabbing the books I already placed in the put away box.

'More work for me, yay' I only sunked down into my chair feeling the device buzz in my pockets.

But knowing that I need to set this plan in motion. My arms grabbed the books on the table to check out.

"So if it's  a challenge for many. Then sign me up for the student council," I said with a bright grin using the last bit of energy.

Yui's raised in eyebrow at my declaration. She looked at me for a bit. I held her blanked stare with a smile. Before she placed an application in front of me.

"Sign this and I'll help with the rest," she said placing my books into a bag. I nodded and took my books along with the page back to the dingy closet.
.......
"How it go for your first encounter," Chiya asked as she showed me the apartment. I turned to her with a grim expression.

"She saw through me and I'm soon to be student council member," I said plant face into a couch. The nurse flipped open her phone.

I peeked to see her type quickly on the pad.

"It's progress. But we can help with your schoolwork. However, the thing about the student council is it fights criminals," I raised my hand to stop her there.

"I don't think I can do this anymore. School has it's own mental toll and now I have to save the world and fight criminals. Do I look like a hero protagonist?" I said pointing to myself.

"To be honest. No. But we didn't have a choice as to who would save us," she answered with a shrug.

"Thanks I guess. Look  I'll try to meet my end. But help me along the way," I stretched my hand out in a deal.

"Teamwork makes the dream work," she responded shaking my hand. I then laid back on the couch.

"Also, our team forgot to place another piece of info. She will be your partner to train you in shape." She said eyeing my slumped form.

"Fine. Thanks,"  I replied in auto mode as I started to fall asleep.