Whats blue

I woke to see a blue room with a girl in tactical gear staring at me. Various cots surrounded the room. The girl pulled out an object from her bag with a Red Cross on it.

My vision blurred when she approached with a flashlight. She placed an arm on my shoulders and held the flashlight in front of my face.

"Sorry about this. Do you have a headache or feel any pain," she asked.

"No. I feel fine just tired."

"Alright then. I'm going to have to look at your pupils if that's alright with you," she held the device steady.

"Yes," the light flashed and then I saw spots after it left.

"You're in good condition. Only a few scraps though. Yui will come see you in a minute," she said quickly disappearing into a blur. I sighed with my hands going over my neck to check for the scratches.

I then felt the spot that Yui touched before the blue light blinded me. My finger ran over a spot that had a sleek surface to it and gently pulsed on my neck.

'Wierd tech' I thought before my hand was electrocuted by the device. I jumped and removed my finger. The electrical currents were still moving on my hand in gentle waves. I looked again at my hand for any marks.

I closed my eyes and breathed out a deep sigh.

The currents tickled and flickered in the room. I heard footsteps approach me and I open my eyes to see Yui staring at my hands. She leans to inspect. But I slide off on the other side of the cot.

"Yui. I don't know what this. But don't get any close," I explained to her.

"Touch your neck. It will deactivate your powers," she said as I my fingers went over the button. I placed my hand on my chest feeling the thump of my heart beat slow.

"Well, thanks. So can you explain what the heck was that and the incident at the garden," I asked Yui.

"In short, disappearances have been happening at this school for years. A lone assailant going after students for a reason we don't know and for this long," she said pulling out a device from school bag.

"This will serve as a weapon to protect you from them that's based off your ability. Don't worry I'll train you," she said handing gloves over to me.

"I can see why the student council isn't easy to get into with the situation. But does the device help with this," I said pointing to my neck.

"Yes. A connection will form between your power and the weapon for combat. I will explain more in training," she rushed as she held my gaze with a frown forming on her face. She reached a hand over to my scraped hands.

"I apologize for forcing this on you. I did it without consent. I was going to ask you if you wanted to be part of this before being attacked. I-," she stopped talking with her eyes glancing up at my neck.

'I wish I could say the same thing' I grew anxious with the thought going through me.

I pushed myself up using the cot as support and faced her.

"Don't worry. I'm okay," I said walking towards her.

"You had to do what was needed to get into this place. I'm grateful for that. So don't beat yourself up over it," I said to her with a smile.

She nodded and regained her composure when the blonde girl showed up with a uniform.

"Here's the uniform for our school. Nicholas will show you around the base for a few days after the attack. I'll be here as well and training begins once you're safe," she said snapping her fingers to make a hologram appear in front of her.

"I have to check on the others. I'll see you at dinner," Yui said swiftly turning to the exit. I nodded taking in the info from the president and watched her leave.

'Gee. This got even more difficult to get this dumb plan into motion. She's busy as hell'

I shifted my eyes when a cough got my attention. The girl had a strange look on her face and was holding herself from laughing with her hands covering her mouth.

"What's so funny," I asked her with curiosity. She shook her head.

"Nothing. Inside joke. But let me show you your room," she gestured for me to follow outside the medical wing.

"Okay. But I'm kinda sleepy. So you might not see me for a day or two," I explained to the blonde as we walked into the metallic hallways.