Wake Up Call

I woke with a start. My face caked in sweat as I stare at the delightful characters from the anime. Pushing myself off the desk. I turned to the clock that had its arms pointing to 7 a.m.

'Great time to face reality'

My body dives quickly into the closet. Grabbing a black patterned flannel, white shirt, and black skinny jeans. I sprint to the shower after orchestrating the fastest rinse and hygienic upkeep. I was able to drive myself to the crummy high school.

..........

"Ugh, traffic. And how are those idiots still not arrested" I groaned in frustration at the jocks trying to cut people on the way to the parking lot. Eying their reckless movements. I took a few turns and cut them off from a parking spot.

They yelled at me with their faces bright red. But I ignored them, while I quickly locked the car.

"Hey, go back to Mexico. You piece of" I shrugged them off from their usual taunts.

'There's like space right next to them. But if they want to keep doing the 'talk'. Well, sucks for them' I thought looking back over my shoulder to another car pulling into that free spot.

The sound of tires screeching against the asphalt was the last thing I heard before plunging into darkness.

........................

Beeping noises and shadowy figures stood over me.

'How did she appear out of nowhere' a floating voice said before my eyesight became more focused. I stared at a nurse in ninja clothing.

'Wait What' I blinked a solid second. Only to see the nurse still wearing the attire.

"Good your alive. Now I apologize if we took you out of your world. But we have an anomaly. You need to get this guy to fall in love with this girl," she spilled nonsense I couldn't understand.

I look down at my white garments and noticed the bandaging.

'Car accident. They did say that they wanted me dead. God. This better be a coma. So I can sue them' I thought trying to take in my surroundings to ignoring the nurse. Until a scientist walked into the room.

"Hello, sorry if my assistant woke you. But we have some news about your situation." He stated bringing out his projector.

'I might as well entertain myself with this anime' I nodded towards him.

"My name is General Akita. You fell from the sky yesterday with mild injuries. It was also at the time when we experienced an anomaly."

I sank into my bed.

'Not this' I looked at the formulas that riddled the presentation.

"Well, my name is Maya Wes," I added before the general got deep into the speech.

"Maya, according to my calculations. The only way to right our course from imminent doom is to get Haru to fall in love with a girl from the Rose school." He then pointed at me.

"We need you to save our world." He said with a straight face.

'I'm living my worst anime nightmares. Why does everything have to rely on one person'

"No can do. I just need to find a way out of here. Thanks for the bandages." I said jumping off onto the floor. Only for my feet to sink through the tile.

"What the fuck!" I yelled feeling a strange pull drag me. But the nurse pulled me up and back on the bed.

"The issue is that if you don't help. You'll disappear first from existence." The nurse explained.

I sighed looking back at the drawings, and dragged myself into bed.

"Wake me up, when this is over," I  said with the covers over my head.