The Phone Slingshot

John and Paul couldn't stand forever, so they just collapsed on the couch. They couldn't sit in a chair unless one of them wanted to have their face smashed into the back of a chair. They couldn't sit, so they just were pretty much laying down. Luckily, Ringo had the doorknob and dishcloth on his right hand, not left, and even though his mother did make him write right-handed, he was still a lefty. He was doodling ideas with arrows, x's, and four stick people on a notepad. Suddenly, the phone rang. He jumped up and grabbed it. He had been used to grabbing the phone with the hand closest to it, which happened to be his right one. He forgot about the doorknob and knocked the phone over. Brian heard a crash over the phone. Already, Brian was worried.

"Hello? Was that you, John? Boys?" Brian said, hoping one of them would pick up the phone. "Boys?"

"It's probably Brian." Ringo said, picking the phone up from the ground. "What do I tell him?"

"Paul, help me up." John said, wriggling around.

"I'll help you up if you help me." Paul said, pushing his hands up, trying to get up.

"John, Paul, don't bother." Ringo said, bringing the telephone to them before they fell off. John took the teal colored phone.

"Ello?" John said, in a very uncomfortable position of half laying down, half siting up, propped on his elbow, Paul trying to do the same even though John fell, now squeezing Paul into the cushion partially.

"John, what did you do?" Brian said. He learned from experience that whenever John Lennon answers the phone, it's never good.

"Oh, nothing. We're uh... doing arts and crafts." John lied right through his teeth.

"Really? What are you making? Trouble, no doubt." 

"We're making uh..."

"Give the phone to Ringo. Unless you duct taped him to the wall." John stared at George.

"No, no one's duct taped to a wall. Ha." John started laughing a bit. Brian was impatient. "Here's Ringo." He gave Ringo the phone as fast as if it was a bomb.

"No! What'll I tell him?" Ringo whispered, giving John the phone.

"Just act naturally." Paul said, wishing he could see who he was talking to.

"They're gonna put me in the movies-" Ringo started to sing.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" George shouted.

"He said, 'Act Naturally'!"

"Ringo, what was that all about?" Brian started to get worried again.

"Um, it's about the biggest fool that ever hit the big time?" Ringo tried to delay the truth.

"I want to make sure you're all alive. Give the phone to George, then Paul." Ringo stretched the phone cord as far as he could to reach George. It didn't make it.

"Ha, yeah about that, Brian..." Ringo still tried stretching, but it still wouldn't reach.

"You mean George and Paul ARE dead?" Brian started freaking out.

"Paul IS NOT dead, don't worry." George was still reaching. "And neither is George if you were wondering. But he can't come to the phone." Ringo was telling the truth. You can't exactly grab the phone when you're stuck to a wall. He almost made it. It was that close!

"Why not?" 

"He's uh," George was finally able to just grasp the phone.

"'Ello, Brian. I'm alive. So is Paul. As a matter of fact, 'ere 'e is." George couldn't hold on any longer. The phone slingshotted across the room, and hit the wall, leaving a slight dent in it. And making a loud crashing sound, also cracking a picture frame.

"Hello?!? Boys!?! Boys?!?" Brian was shouting so loud you could hear him from the other side of the room. They were already in a load of trouble and Brian didn't even know about the glue.