Mitsuri Kanroji

This one was requested by cloudyyykat
I hope you'll enjoy it, even though I don't know if this was what you wanted...

Mentions of death.

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Mitsuri Kanroji x fem. reader
Angst, fluff

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.

- Sadhu Vaswani

~~~

With your eyes teary, your breathing unsteady and your sweaty palms, you ran.

And while you ran, your mind kept screaming at you for how horrible if a failure you are.

You were the oldest, you should have protected them!

The voice kept shouting, which made you cry even more.

You didn't think that you ran far away from the demon, but you didn't mind anymore.

Exhausted from the constant crying and running, you lay down on the white snow.
It wasn't snowing right now, but the snow was still fresh.

With your cheeks still wet, your breathing becoming more regular, you fell asleep with your back against an old tree and under the shining stars.

Maybe if the demon kills me, I might meet my family.

~~~

Mitsuri Kanroji received orders from her crow to find, and decapitate demon in near woods.
As her feet left marks on the snow, she found the demon and easily killed him.

While she was going back, she saw a glimpse of clothing. But when she stopped and looked more closely, she could recognize a sleeping form of a girl

She quietly approached her, as not to wake her up.
The girl had wet cheeks and puffy eyes, but still, slept peacefully.
She had to look harder to see bloodstains on her kimono, which she hid with her arms. It looked like she slowly bled from her torso.

Carefully to not wake her up, Mitsuri lifted her frame and picked her up.
They were both too far away from any village, but at least the House with the Wisteria Family Crest was not too far.

~~~

You woke up to the rays of the sun.
Feeling a soft bed under you, and not cold snow, a thought passed through your mind that you might be in heaven.
That was until you opened your eyes and saw a girl staring at you, with wide, green eyes and unusual pink hair with lemon-green tips.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Mitsuri Kanroji, a demon slayer!"

What.

"Um, excuse me..." You started, surprised at the sound of your voice. It's was sore, and as quiet as a silent wind blowing.

"Oh, of course! You were injured, I have found you and brought you here. A good friend of mine works as a doctor here, so you're in good hands!" The girl exclaimed, with a huge smile.

Out of the blue, memories came crashing at you.
Family
Dead
Demons
Blood
Fear

Your breathing started to rapidly accelerate and Mitsuri raised an eyebrow at her sudden change of your behaviour.

"Did something happen?"

The horror on the [H/C] haired girl's face made Mitsuri a little bit nervous, so she spoke again. "Is something the matter?"

This thankfully made the young girl snap from her thoughts and stuttered out "N-no."

After a few seconds of awkward silence, you realized she didn't introduce herself.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce! My name's [Y/N] [L/N], it's nice to meet you." You shot her a weak smile and she returned it.

Mitsuri couldn't contain her curiosity "So, [L/N]-san, why were you lying on the snow? What happened?"

By the distressed look on your face, Mitsuri figured that what happened wasn't something good, so she just whispered, "Oh," and tension took over you.

"Can you... Can you go back home?" Mitsuri tried to form a good question that wouldn't hurt you but still wasn't sure with herself.

"... No." Was your short reply as she turned her face away, so the girl wouldn't see her tears.

"I... I can help you... Well, if you want to become a demon slayer, I could teach you, or-"

"Okay. I'm fine with that. I don't know where I should go, so this is the best option I guess..." You still didn't look at Mitsuri, but if you would, you would see a sad smile across her features.

"Well, it's settled then. [Y/N] [L/N] from today, I will train you as my tsuguko. I look forward to your recovery, so we could start."
She ended her sentence, and you finally mustered the courage to look into her eyes with your teary ones and saw a beautiful woman. Now that you focused more on her features, she looked like an angel.

Your heart fluttered at the sight of the beautiful multi-coloured hair and her pink eyes. You lost your way with words, and she as if struck with lighting suddenly realized something and took out a box with sakura mochi in it.

"These are my favourite! I don't know what you like, but I hope you'll like these!" She exclaimed with a closed-eyed smile and handed you the box.

You slightly smiled and took the box.

I don't need to suffer anymore. I need to carry on.

Mitsuri smiled at the look of your shocked face when you tasted the mochi.
"It's delicious!" You shot her a smile with your cheeks full of food.

I have Mitsuri now.

~~~

Well, phew.

This took longer than I thought, and given that it's my first request, I was a little bit anxious.
I'm not sure about this one, but like everything I create, I like it nonetheless of the outcome.

I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have things you would like to change, I'm not opposed to it!

930 words