3.6 Hello Scum!

"My skin feels so raw..." Liling whined as she laid in bed. Qin Yuhuan had done good on her promise of scrubbing her clean. Her once pale skin had been scrubbed and sanitized to the point of old skin cells having been exterminated. Everything in her room smelled freshly cleaned and quite honestly, the entire house smelled like bleach.

Apart from that whole ordeal of somewhat reasonable overbearing protective actions, the ride home had been a bit tense. Well, of course it would've been. Two daughters found out their father was cheating on their mother, had photographic evidence of it and the potential affair baby, and now had to figure out a way to relay the news to their oblivious mother.

On the bright side, the house was rather nice. Large, about 5 bedrooms, and plenty of domestic workers. In fact, one a few minutes ago had delivered her medicine. Speaking of which...

"Jules, you found anything to boost my immune system or something yet?"

[ Yes, Host! Please look at the things I've picked out for you! ]

At the prompting of Jules voice, the screen she was used to appear in the air before her in the air with a list of Jule approved medicines. She began to scroll quietly before speaking again.

"Hey, Jules?"

[ Yes, Host? ]

"Would it be possible to like, transfer the System Screen into my phone? I just think it would be more practical and less suspicious."

[ Hmm... I don't know! I could try though! One moment please :D ]

After a few seconds, the System Screen disappeared and she heard her phone vibrate against the end table before picking it up. When it was properly unlocked it was like she was looking at a Amazon page. Except Amazon probably didn't sell anything that would give you laser eyes but getting to the point, it was much more convenient.

[ Did I do good? :D ]

"Exactly what I wanted actually. Good work, Jules."

[ Yay! I did something productive! :D ]

"Yes, yes you did."

While Jules continued to pat himself on the back inside of her mind, Liling set to work scrolling through all the medicines she could settle on. There were things like medicinal herbs that could be consumed either directly or put in food, potions, elixirs, and even special pills. One in particular caught Brooke's eye though.

It's name was a bit long, but simplified it was a Purification Pill. It not only purged toxins from the body but healed the body from the inside out over time. It was more effective if the one using it participated in daily exercise and had a proper diet. She bought it without hesitation and waited for a moment before a box whacked her in the head from out of nowhere.

"Goddammit, Jules! That hurt!"

[ Sorry, Host! Still figuring out the whole making matter out of thin air thing. (U•̥ᴥ•̥) ]

Brooke decided it was better to look at her item rather than argue with Jules over whatever it was they had to do to make these items. The box was heavier than expected, it seemed to be made of some sort of metal she couldn't recognize. The pill inside was a pearl-like ball, a metallic white sort of color, and smelled faintly like... pineapple?

"This is safe to actually swallow, right?"

[ There isn't any reason it wouldn't be! All items from the System Store are certified for effectiveness and quality by... I actually don't know who! :D ]

"That's really helpful, thank you."

She contemplated getting a glass of water to chug the pill down with before deciding to bite the bullet and take it dry, which wasn't as unpleasant as she would've expected. For the few seconds the pill rested on her tongue it had tasted rather sweet and had gone down smooth. Brooke hadn't expected to feel immediate effects either, so she set to work going through her hard earned library book.