2.7 A Mess

[ And so the voting continues. You might be thinking, 'Authoress, how much more can you say about these characters without exposing their entire stories for us to vote on?'. Well, I'm here to tell you the answer is a lot. I can say so much more. But I gotta stretch this out until the end of this arc. So the thing I'll be showing next is...

A short bit of dialogue between Brooke's body and another character

Vote 😷 for Zhang Liling - Sickly Sister
"It's alright, the smell of blood Isn't very scary for me anymore."
"Why is that?"
"Because I- *coughs up blood* ... I do that a lot."

Vote 🍶for Himura Kaori - Seamstress Killer

"You know, I believe this is the very best suit I've ever sewn into existence."
"*Muffled screaming*"
"It's too bad that someone so terrible will be wearing it. I hope you appreciate it, this suit that you'll wear to your death."

Vote 🌹 for Euphemia von Gaelin - Rose Princess

"And in conclusion, that's why I beat Alyssandra's fiance with a bouquet of thorny roses and then curb stomped his-"
"Wait, you did that?!"
"... As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, I then curb stomped his manhood to prevent him from ever reproducing. I believe I did the world a favor in that aspect."
]

One of the many reasons Renaut had died in the original plot was his insatiable lust for... everything. He tried to fill a part of his lust with a harem, which was originally a tool used to hurt Adelaide's heart as part of his revenge. It simply spiralled from there.

It was historically proven that harems never worked out well (Annabell helping show off her talents once again). The Ottomans had an Imperial Harem, and they had the sons kill each other until there was one left to become Sultan. The Chinese had an Imperial Harem, the women in them schemed for their lives on the daily and many concubines lead to the downfalls of their dynasties (which was also the patriarchy speaking but who wanted to admit that?).

The thing was, this wasn't the original story of this member of Renaut's harem.

The original story of this girl, Samone, was that she was the daughter of a blacksmith who befriended Renaut during his time with his adopted peasant family. Her crush on him went on for years, even after he became king and pretty much peaked before falling down a hill at rapid speed and crashing into a tree that caught fire and landed on him. Devotion.

How had she become a slave?

"Jules?" Turaya finally asked, Etienne being choked with her hands as Diane cleared away the table and Renaut watched in surprise.

[ Yes, Host? What can I do to help? ]

"How much can the story change if an unexpected variable comes in? Like me or Diane."

[ Oh, quite a lot! In the previous world, Charlotte should've stood at the pinnacle of life but instead went insane and killed you! Your change in attitude isn't supposed to happen, but when it does the entire plot goes out of whack! ]

She nodded at that explanation and continued to choke Etienne. For some reason, despite the abuse he went through, Turaya heard the 'capture' ring happen. Perhaps he was a masochist? Well, she wouldn't kink shame him. He actually might be into that. Ew. The only other person who had been 'captured' by her had been Edric, for obvious reasons.