2.3 A Call From The Crown

Early morning arrived quickly and with it the groans of complaint from a young boy.

"I'll seriously die!"

"You only did ten laps around the mansion! Are you that weak?"

"I'm ten!"

"And you wanted to share a bed with me! Now do ten more laps!"

Renaut really wanted to cry. While Turaya had said she'd wake him up to train, he never expected this. In the morning, he was dunked in cold water to wake up and dressed in exercise clothes before being forced outside. Granted, Turaya had done every lap with him without even breaking a sweat.

Wasn't this asking too much of a ten-year-old?!

Even in the (few) other worlds, he had been in as a child, he'd never been pushed to do such a thing. This entire estate was maybe 1,000 acres, the actual mansion only taking up a couple. That didn't change the fact that it was way too much physical activity for a kid! He should've fainted by this point if he was a regular kid! This wasn't even tough love, it was torture!

The look Turaya was giving him encouraged to keep going though.

"Hey, System! Are you sure Anna's soul is in her body?!"

[ Of course, I am! If anything, she's going easy on you! And give me a name already! ]

"Stupid."

[ Like hell I'd take that name! Think of something better! >:( ]

System 564 couldn't help but feel unappreciated and offended beyond belief. Here it was, created just for this Host, and being treated like shit! They should just go on strike already! Were they really such a burden?!

If they knew all of the terror they were causing two other Systems, they would probably fully admit being a burden and repent for the rest of its operating time.

( [ WHERE'S THE THIRD SYSTEM?!]

[ I DON'T KNOW!! IT MUST BE A WILD SYSTEM! ]

[ WE'RE FUCKED! ]

[ AAAAAAAAAH! ]

[ Wait, what are we screaming about? ]

[ . . . ] )

Turaya, completely oblivious to the suffering of her own System and the others in the world, noticed Renaut's absent-minded running.

"Renaut, pay attention. You're going to trip-"

And he did. On his own two feet. Like a dumbass. Luckily, Turaya grabbed him by the collar before he could fall face first in the snow. Instead of standing him up straight to continue, the blonde woman only sighed and carried him inside the house.

"I'm not going to make you run yourself ragged. I just wanted to see how much you could take." Turaya placed Renaut on the floor and pet his head. "Now, go wash up. Diane should almost be done with breakfast."

The young boy was about to protest but was quickly ushered to complete the task by the blonde woman. There was no room for argument.

Turaya could only sigh as she walked into the dining room. While there were a couple of dishes on the table already, there were also letters. One that caught her eye, in particular, was one with a wax seal on the back. The seal with the royal emblem on it.

She could only giggle. "So, Duke Briovalin got off his ass and informed his Royal Highness about me." As she expected. I'm sure having a beheading happen before you was quite memorable. It sure was for Brooke.

Diane came into the room, remaining breakfast dishes mainly fruits being brought in by her. "What do you intend to do, Miss?"

Turaya gave a chilling smile as she sat down and tore into the letter. "Play along. It's always fun to see what nobles can cook up."