3.2 Another Chance

Brooke woke up, strangely enough, to be lying on a hospital bed. However, she wasn't wearing a hospital gown but regular clothes. The cutscene had left adrenaline in her veins but she calmed down so she could properly read up about the body she had borrowed.

The current world she was in was as she suspected, a second chance revenge novel. The female lead, Zhang Lihua, was the eldest young miss of the Zhang family, a wealthy upstart business family of City A. The Zhang family was a family of four, a father, mother, and two beautiful daughters. Zhang Lihua's most beloved person had been her younger sister, Zhang Liling, who had been born with a sickly body and gentle temperament. Their mother, Qin Yuhuan, doted on both her daughters to the moon and back. Their father, Zhang Guo, was a busy man and wasn't often home but when he was there would be great fanfare.

It's too bad that he was a scumbag who couldn't keep his pants on.

Zhang Guo had a secret life away from the main house where he had a mistress, Su Daiyu, and an illegitimate daughter, Su Jinjing. A secret relationship that had been going on ever since he and Qin Yuhuan had married. He doted on the two of them like they were his legal family. They were given a lavish home, allowance, and monthly gifts. However, neither mother nor daughter were satisfied with their status. They had never been satisfied and desired to be the rightful ladies of the Zhang family, having been plotting for years. The gullible Zhang Guo was only their stepping stone.

When the existence of Zhang Guo's affair was exposed to the world, the three women of the Zhang family were left in shock. The next shock came when the women of the Su family were moved into the main home and they were kicked out. They were just getting on their feet again when Qin Yuhuan was hit with divorce papers. She was glad to have the divorce happen, but only if child support was provided to pay for her daughter's educations and especially Liling's medicine.

That was when fabricated evidence of a nonexistent affair that Qin Yuhuan didn't have was brought to court. The legitimacy of both her children was brought into question along with her requests for child support. This was planned by none other than the pair of Su women. Luckily, Qin Yuhuan was able to prove her children's legitimacy but was unable to salvage her own reputation. However, she was a dedicated mother and only wanted support for her children. Even before the divorce papers were sent in she sold every piece of jewelry and other valuables she had to get housing for her small family and essentials, along with finding a decent job.

But Su Daiyu and Su Jinjing weren't satisfied.

Over a two year campaign, the two women tore away at the Zhang girls and their mother until there was nothing left. Qin Yuhuan lost her job and any other job she attempted to have, the child support was cut off, and she was unable to pay for Zhang Liling's life saving medicine even when she was ready to give up all of her organs.

Zhang Liling died coughing up blood and begging to live in bed at the age of 17, her elder sister and mother unable to do anything but watch. Soon after, Qin Yuhuan experienced chest pains and died whilst job searching. Death by a broken heart was what people called it. Zhang Lihua was left alone and had no choice but to have her custody given to her father. That was when the real hell began.

The Su girls tormented Zhang Lihua. They ruined her reputation, gave her no face, and even turned her own father against her. She was left completely alone in the world and when she tried to leave the Zhang home she was always brought back kicking and screaming. After Zhang Lihua was thoroughly destroyed, leaving no one to care for her disappearance or death, she was disposed of.

A clean bullet to the brain killed Zhang Lihua at the age of 22. A day before what would've been her younger sister's 19th birthday.

"That's fucking brutal for no good reason. What the fuck. Fuck the Su family?" Brooke could feel the rage building in her veins. What kind of bullshit is that?! How could such a thing happen and no one notice or care?!

Luckily, that wasn't the end of the story. For revenge, Zhang Lihua was brought back to when she was 16. Remembering her past grievances, she tore apart the Su family, anyone who allied with them, and her scum father without hesitation or mercy. All of that was secondary to keeping her beloved younger sister, Liling, safe and happy. Even her romance with the ML, He Yan, the heir to the He Conglomerate.

She was a total siscon.

Brooke had been given the body of that beloved little sister, Zhang Liling. Born with an incredibly weak body, not to mention prematurely, Liling was seen as a fragile girl who needed constant surveillance and protection due to her health. However, this never stopped the girl from being a beacon of light and ball of energy. She was especially good at making friends with people and was often given free food by neighborhood grandmas. Liling had an amazing memory and used this to learn all she could about anything and everything, her favorite topic being geology and gemstones. Although her body was weak, her spirits had never been low.

It was a pity she died in such a terrible way.

Liling was, and Brooke had lost any shame regarding complimenting the body she borrowed's appearance, unbelievably adorable. Liling was younger by 3 years, so she was currently 13. Her skin was a milky white, although it lacked a healthy glow. Liling's hair was wavy and in a beautiful chocolate brown color past her midback. A button nose, plump pink lips, and oh god she had dimples.

However, Liling's most striking feature was her breathtaking eyes. Bright and full of energy, a warmth that made you feel welcome, all sealed behind beautiful turquoise.

"I think this might be the prettiest 13-year-old I've ever seen. She's not even wearing any makeup!" Brooke poked the soft cheeks of Zhang Liling and sighed. "I can only imagine all the hearts she'd break when she's fully grown."

Today was the day Zhang Liling would be released from the hospital after a particularly bad case of sickness which had left her bedridden for a week. This was the day that Zhang Lihua was brought back to. An event that happened a couple days before her father's affair was exposed. And he hadn't visited once.

Piece of shit.

"Jules, show me Zhang Liling's skills please."

[ Coming right up, Host! :D ]

[ Big Sister Says[Stolen]: An exclusive skill for younger sibling Host bodies. By using this skill not only do your meng levels go through the roof, you can get out of almost any situation by using your elder sibling as a fallback. But seriously, meng levels become immeasurable and give people the impression you simply trust all of your big sister's judgements.

Social Butterfly[Stolen]: This skill gives the body the ability to strike up a conversation with anyone about anything without it getting stale. They're great at making and keeping friends.

Monumental Memory[Stolen]: This skill gives the Host a memory even better than a photographic memory. You can perfectly remember a conversation from a decade ago, lyrics to a song, and the most minute details in behavior and of items. ]

"These skills aren't half bad." Brooke mumbled, sitting back on the hospital bed. "I wonder what kind of wish Liling has. Probably something cute like a happy life or a good family."

But the true wish of Zhang Liling grabbed Brooke by the scalp and ripped her hair from her head.

In underlined letters, cutely circled, was two sentences, was Liling's wish.

Please, show my father the gates of hell and have him walk in himself.

[ Wow, three chapters from me?! Amazing! How even?! I don't know. Just very inspired this week. I'm probably running on empty now.

Anyway, thanks so much for reading this story and sticking with it despite my lack of updates. I love to read your comments and thoughts on the story. Give me your opinions on the lastest world!

BTW, would you guys like it if the chapters were numbered? Like 1.2 and etc. Let me know!

Love you guys 💗💗💗 ]