3.3 Liling Remembers

"... Did I miss something here?" Brooke was perplexed. Nothing in Liling's personality remotely suggested she'd have such a final wish. Had she read over something again? Brooke really needed to fix that habit.

Brooke went through the summary of Liling's personality once again and found the explaination for her wish. It was easy to pass over due to it's placement somewhere in the middle of the text.

"Liling's great memory makes it impossible for her to forget any grievance and despite her cheerful nature, she can be extremely hateful under the right circumstances." When it was properly read aloud, all the pieces of the puzzle clicked together. Sure, the Su pair did most of the dirty work to kill Liling and her family but if it weren't for her father and his support of the situation, none of the past would have ever happened.

And she was going to get the dad killed anyway, so this was just killing two birds with one stone.

"Jules, what's the current position of Zhang Lihua and Qin Yuhuan?"

[ Currently, Zhang Lihua and Qin Yuhuan are being driven to the hospital. They are at most ten minutes away. ]

"And Mr.Zhang?"

[ Zhang Guo is currently at the Su residence. ]

"Son of a bitch. He won't even come pick his sick daughter up from the hospital. No wonder Liling wants him dead." Brooke scoffed, almost wanting to just leave the hospital and confront the father of the year now. That would be idiotic but she was extremely angry. A young, sick girl was getting released from the hospital after a week of treatment and what does her father do? He goes to his mistress's house to fool around.

Seething doesn't even begin to describe her emotions right now.

"Well, at least I have time to get into character and figure out where to go from here."

Right after, Liling heard the sound of the door to her hospital room being opened and looked over to see a smiling nurse.

"Oh, you're up early today, Liling." The nurse greeted her casually, so she could guess that she'd be the main nurse who had been treating Liling during this time. "Excited to go home?"

Liling made a dazzling, dimpled smile. "Yeah! Mom said she'd take Jiejie and I out to a good breakfast! And that we'd go clothes shopping and anything else I wanted to do!"

"That's wonderful. We're just going to do the usual this morning to make sure you're good to go, alright?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The usual, it turned out, was a taking of her temperature, checking her heart rate, having blood drawn, and various other things. Easily sick people have it rough. Brooke was seriously considering fixing her body's issues using System medicine.

Luckily, it was all done with by the time that Qin Yuhuan and Zhang Lihua arrived at the hospital to get her. Liling was staring into space to the outside world when the two came in, but was actually scrolling around the System Store to find anything that would boost this body's health.

"Mom! Jiejie-" Liling was going to properly greet the two with a big smile but was promptly smothered in a hug by Zhang Lihua. It left her dumbfounded for a bit before she hugged Lihua back.

Qin Yuhuan simply smiled. A dimpled smile. "Lihua was so excited that she just couldn't sit still on the car ride here." You could definitely see how the three women were related. Each of them had chocolate brown hair, turquoise eyes, and pale skin.

"Did Jiejie want to have me come home that badly?" Liling already knew the real reason behind the tight hug but had to keep up appearances.

If you watched someone you loved die in front of you and woke up to see them alive, you'd want to hug them tight too, right?

After that bullet had pierced her brain, Lihua expected that to be the end of her life. No justice would ever be found for her or her beloved mother and sister. Just the thought of it got her bubbling with rage. That was why she was so surprised to wake up in a soft, warm bed. No, to be specific it was her soft, warm bed from when she was younger. Her room from when she was younger.

She was even more surprised when a maid came into her room to wake her up. Lihua hadn't had a maid since she was 16...

When all the pieces came together she was beyond ecstatic. She didn't even put on proper clothes, still in her nightgown as she dashed downstairs to see her mother sat at the breakfast table, coffee in hand, with her 'father' across from her. The only one who got hugged that morning was her.

And now, with her little sister sat in front of her, alive and well instead of coughing up blood and suffering was enough to bring her to tears. This time, she wouldn't be naive and stupid. She would protect the two of them with her entire being. The Su mother and daughter, her father, and anyone who trampled on their reputation and lives...

Even their lives wouldn't be enough to pay their debts!

If Brooke could hear Lihua's thoughts she probably would've given her a standing ovation from at least a mile away because that's kind of crazy.

"Jiejie. Jiejie, I'm suffocating." Liling wheezed out, patting Lihua on the back. The older girl immediately released her hold on her, worry flashing in her eyes.

"Ah, I'm sorry! Are you feeling uncomfortable anywhere? Should we get the doctor again?"

Qin Yuhuan pinched her daughter's cheek. "Zhang Lihua, your sister isn't so weak that she couldn't take a hug from you. Calm down." Her tone was teasing yet comforting.

Liling nodded in agreement. "Jiejie, don't worry! I may have been in bed for a week but I've come back stronger than ever! I could probably lift you above my head now."

Lihua couldn't help but get out a snort, the familiar lighthearted nature of Liling comforting her. "Yes, yes. Liling could probably even lift a truck above her head with no problems. But isn't it better to fill your stomach first?"

"Ah. That's right. Mom, can we go out for breakfast now?"

"Of course. We finished filling out all the paperwork before coming up and talked to your doctor too."

"Do I still have to take the medicine?"

"Yes, Liling."

"But it's so bitter."

"I'll give you a candy after every dose."

The hospital room was particularly warm that morning.