Chapter Five

~~✶♡✶~~

"I can't wait for Christmas," Anna complained to Addilyn as they trudged up a staircase to their next class.

"We've only been to one class, Anna." Addilyn snorted. It was true, the two just got out of Potions and are now heading towards defense.

The dark-skinned Ravenclaw shifted her books from one arm to the other. "That's my point. Who wants to be in school?"

"Aren't you supposed to be a Ravenclaw?" A high voice asked from behind the duo making them jump in surprise. Addilyn turned around to be face to face with their new befriended first year. Cora stood there with her hair neatly brushed with a straight and perfectly dressed outfit that matched the proper dress code. "My new friend, Amelia Carrow, told me that Ravenclaws are all super smart and way too obsessed with school and books."

Anna grabbed the girl and put her in between the two fifth years. Grabbing the black and green hood from Cora's robe, she pulled it over the little Slytherin's eyes. "Child, listen to your Auntie Anna."

Cora pushed her hood above her eyes with both hands revealing a grin from ear to ear. "You aren't my auntie, Anna. Even if you are old enough to be one."

Anna let a dramatic gasp leave her lips before she pulled Cora's hood back down the girl's eyes as Addilyn started laughing. "Cora Cherice! Respect your elders." Anna teasingly scolded the small brunette earning a little giggle in response.

"Anyways," Addilyn said continuing on the main question while hip-checking Cora, "just because that's the stereotype for Ravenclaws, rarely any of the birds are like that. Anna here is as dumb as a pile of owl dung!"

Anna slapped her best friend as the young girl between the pair started giggling. "Don't listen to her, dear Cora. She lies. I only failed three classes last year." 

Cora gasped and looked at the tall girl beside her. "You failed three classes? That's terrible! What did you fail?"

"History of Magic, Herbology, and Divination." Anna listed on the fingers of her free hand.

"Oh no, I have History of Magic next!" Cora panicked as her little eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"You'll be fine, Cora. The only reason we failed was that neither of us pays attention in that class nor did we bother to study. And they don't kick you out if you fail too much, you just won't take some classes if you don't test high enough on the exams that require a certain grade. And if you really need help, they'll take out an unnecessary class to give you more study time." Addilyn reassured the girl that was only barely shorter than her.

Cora furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Why wouldn't you pay attention or study? I took two pages of notes in my last class!" Both of the fifth year's eyebrows rose up to their hairline in surprise as the Slytherin girl started talking about school. "I brought three notebooks for each class and am writing everything down that I can and will study every night so I can get straight 'O's on my report card and then get straight 'O's in all my other years, OWLS, and NEWTs, so then I can become an unspeakable and change the whole wide world!"