Chapter Nine

~~✶♡✶~~

"'Untransfiguration is the second form of transfiguration. It acts as a counter-spell'—" Addilyn stopped reading and reread it in her head to see if she got it right. Sending a puzzled glance towards her tutor, she read it again. "'It acts as a counter'—why would there be a form of transfiguration for tabletops?" Mattheo Riddle let out a breathy laugh as he shook his head in amusement. "I'm being serious," Addilyn deadpanned, now slightly embarrassed. "Did I read it wrong or—"

"No, no you read it right. It's just the wrong definition of the word. It's called a homonym."

"I know what a homonym is. It's when a word has multiple meanings that sounds and is spelled the same. I did take fifth-grade English, you know." Addilyn's nose twitched out of annoyance but was still red.

Riddle shrugged nonchalantly, unfazed. "Most wizards and witches don't normally dive into stuff like that, since this is a wizarding school—"

"You do know who I am right?" Addilyn cut the boy off. Although it made Addilyn a little woozy that most people idolized her brother and in return knew his whole trama, most people put together that she lives with him and has the same experience. "I live in a muggle house. I'm not raised by my parents."

Mattheo held his hands up in surrender. "Trust me, I know that. Don't mind me just trying to think of you no differently than the others I talk to."

"Um, thank you," Addilyn replied slightly taken aback that someone would try to ignore her past if they knew it.

"Counter-spell is regarding an opposing spell or a reverse spell. Not a tabletop spell. Keep reading," he pointed to the spot she left off at.

Rolling her eyes at his change of subject like always, she did what he said. "'It acts as a counter-spell which means that it returns objects to their proper form. This in effect takes away the spell put on it prior. Some such as Reparifarge are used when transfiguration is done wrongly or poorly while others like Revilio are more powerful and are generally used to transfigure something large or of value like a human.' Are we turning you into something and then attempting to transfigure you back?" The Hufflepuff asked with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Hell, no," Mattheo shook his head in an appalled manner. He reached into his bag and pulled out the two transfigured needles from the previous tutoring session. "Transform them back."

Addilyn took out her wand and poked the matches. "Yeah, don't think it's working." 

Mattheo rolled his eyes while moving his hand over Addilyn's casually causing Addilyn to stare at it intensely as the feeling of butterflies erupt in her stomach that she tried to suppress. "It's just a piece of wood until you put your magic into it. It's not actually magical, it's just meant to concentrate and project your magic. Say 'Reparifarge' and make a semi-circle  pointed downward."