Chapter Eight

~~✶♡✶~~

~~✶♡✶~~

Addilyn and Mattheo got up from their chairs and started packing up. As Addilyn looked up to grab her paper on the table, she caught a glimpse of Mattheo. It wasn't really a glimpse and more like a stare. But could you blame Addilyn? Mattheo Riddle was fine.

"Like what you see, Addie?" Mattheo smirked as he caught Addilyn's eyes.

Addilyn instantly turned red and suddenly found shoving her papers into her bag fascinating. "Not particularly. Homework just gives me major PTSD whenever I look at it." 

The Slytherin shook his head in silent laughter. "Ok, Addie."

Once Addilyn finished stuffing her bag, she said a quick 'bye' before streaking out of the library with a tomato as a face. The Hufflepuff walked at almost a run until she got to a back staircase. This staircase was a very unique one. It moved to match the direction the wind would go with an opening in every possible direction at the top. The best way to describe it would be to think of a well with a staircase that rotates in the middle going from the top to the bottom. All around the circular wall that holds the staircase is one continuous portrait. The portrait is of the ocean. Depending on the day and time, there could be dolphins, fish, merpeople, practically anything.

As of right now, it was completely empty minus the swaying of some seaweed and beams of light here and there. This was the first time that Addilyn ever saw this enormous portrait empty. After five years of using this staircase and it was never completely empty. The staircase pointed south today, which was pretty good for Addilyn saying as she didn't need to walk around the room to access the stairs. 

One foot in front of the other, Addilyn climbed the steps. She walked more and more but zoned out throughout the whole walk. Someone could've run nude in front of her and she wouldn't have noticed. She only broke out of her trance when she approached the large door without a door handle. Bringing her hand up, she knocked on the bronze door knocker shaped like an eagle.

Right as the bronze handle touched the base of the door knocker, the eagle came to life. Blinking once, the eagle spoke a riddle in a monotone voice, "What has a thumb and four fingers, but is not a hand?"

Addilyn pondered for a moment before shortly answering, "a glove."

Just as she uttered the two words, the great door opened up to the Ravenclaw Commonroom. The Ravenclaw students didn't even take a second look at the Hufflepuff. Their theory was if you can get in, you can stay. Ravenclaws honestly could care less.

Addilyn walked right over to a hallway and started counting silently in her head. 'one... two... three... four... five'. On the fifth door, she opened it up and walked right in.

 Addilyn was instantly greeted with a blast of music along with her best friend's voice. 'To all my neighbors, you got much flavor'

"This is how we do it!" Anna yelled while waving her arms.