Chapter Three

~~✶♡✶~~

"I absolutely refuse to ride on a mop." 

"Lucky you, it's a broom." 

"No, a broom is something you sweep the floor with. A mop is something you hate using." Addilyn was downright petrified by the thought of free-riding on a matchbox-sized width of a  death trap hundreds of feet above the ground. "I will ride in a car, train, bus, even a fat llama for crying out loud! But I will not ride on a mop."

Remus Lupin rubbed his eyes before looking at the young Potter. "This is the wizarding world, Addilyn."

"Well, this is gonna be a world without Addilyn if we go with the idea of riding a stick with hair."

"We wouldn't let that happen, Miss Potter." A middle-aged witch piped up. The witch had straight black hair with light brown skin and wore normal muggle clothes along with a necklace that had the name 'Aarush' carved into the gold plate.

"Are you by chance related to Aarush Smith?" Addilyn asked the Indian woman in an attempt to turn the conversation away from something that downright terrified her. Avoidance was her best friend some days.

The woman looked quite shocked before nodding her head. "Yes, he's my son. How do you know him?"

Addilyn gave a warm smile, "He tutored me in my second year to help me pass defense. Is he a hit-wizard yet?"

Mrs. Smith's eyes glowed with pride, "Just last month he got a job in Spain."

"Can you say hi to him for me next time you see him, Mrs. Smith?" 

"Oh, of course."

"Smith?" Harry's voice cut in from the bottom of the stairs. "As in Zacharias Smith? The kid who got you into detention for two months?"

Heat rose to Addilyn's cheeks as she remembered that Aarush was cousins with Zacharias. 'Harry shut up' the teenager mouthed at her brother while subtly moving her eyes in the direction of Mrs. Smithh.

"What, Winnie?" Harry said, completely and utterly oblivious to the fact that this certain someone's aunt was in the room.

More heat flooded Addilyn's face as she looked towards Mrs. Smith apologetically. "Sorry, Mrs. Smith. My brother is an idiot."

"Oh don't worry about it, dear. My husband's side of the family is wack. Bunch of pigs they are." Mrs. Smith said earing a snort from Harry.

"Enough, lallygag. We're wasting time." Moody barked from the corner of the room, drawing all attention to himself.  "We will all fly in a diamond formation with Harry Potter in the middle. You do know how to fly, right Potter?"

"Yes." "Nope." The twins said at the same time.

"Well, that's tough because we are all riding on brooms." Mad eye said while he looked straight at the short brunette.