Chapter Six

~~✶♡✶~~

Just as Addilyn was walking into the classroom, the bell rang. Addilyn looked around though she did not recognize a single face. There were only Ravenclaws and Slytherins and she couldn't find anyone she knew was in her year. She did notice one person that she recognized, the boy with gray eyes who was now in a green and black robe. The boy caught her eye and instantly Addilyn's cheeks instantly reddened.

"Miss Potter?" A stern voice said from behind the fifth year causing her to whip around face to face with the Transfiguration professor. 

"Uh, hello professor." Addilyn stuttered out.

"Why are you in my sixth-year class?"

Addilyn furrowed her eyebrows before quickly looking at her watch to see the numbers 3:00 show up. "Because I'm supposed to have Transfiguration at three o'clock?"

Professor McGonagall took out her wand and summoned Addilyn's schedule. "Hmm... I'm quite sure it says two o'clock, but there seems to be a smudge on the time." As the older woman said that, Addilyn looked around the room to see everyone looking at her. The gray eyes caught her green ones again and the boy just adjusted his chin that rested on his fist before raising his eyebrows at her. "... but you can stay in this class just this once, ok, Potter?"

"Ok," Addilyn responded absentmindedly. 

"You can go take a seat next to Miss Brawn." Professor McGonagall told Addilyn as she pointed to a Ravenclaw with brown curls down to her collarbone who sat by herself.

Addilyn adjusted the bag strap on her right shoulder before walking over to this said 'Miss Brawn'. The sixth year watched every move Addilyn made with a calculated watch. Even as Addilyn's chair screeched from rubbing against the floor, she kept her eyes on Addilyn's small frame. 

The lesson barely began before Addilyn started getting irritated. She doesn't need someone being skeptical of her and watching every move she made like Addilyn was a lab rat. Addilyn kept her face cold as ice and tried to act as robotically as possible trying to give this older girl no information. This girl could obviously read people, and there was no way in hell Addilyn would let some stranger read her. Addilyn had too many secrets. 

The lesson went on and it seemed like Addilyn was the only one who had no idea what was her professor was talking about. The words just filtered into one ear and out the other. Nothing new, though. Addilyn barely gets by in class. Half the time she doesn't even remember what the lesson the previous time was about. Most times, it's hard for Addilyn to learn. 

Addilyn's only been good at two things in school. Grammar and Ancient Ruins. The funny thing is that those were two different languages. Most people don't know what correct grammar is, it's not like Addilyn chose to use perfect grammar, but she didn't use careless grammar. It's so close to the English language, but it's not. Ancient Ruins though is a completely different language. The letters aren't even the same, but it took the young Potter faster to read it than learning to read in grade school.