hold you

Omniscient

Omniscient

Kingston, Jamaica

The pair entered the hotel's conference room hand-in-hand, both showcasing large and equally bright grins. The entire enclosure was decorated beautifully in gold, black, and white décor. Zebediah turned briefly to his wife, looks of both gratitude and astonishment flashing behind his orbs, before averting his gaze once more.

Both of his parents stood in the center of the room; his mother staring directly at her first born with nothing but the genuine feeling of happiness consuming her. Isaiah sported a subtle expression, one which had hardly made it to his almond shaped eyes. The past days for him, alone in Atlanta without his wife by his side, had been the quintessence of 'hell on earth'.

Zaharia stood distances away, fiddling with her coffee brown fingers lightly as she tried to look anywhere but in the eyes of the man she'd indulged in the night before. Still, she couldn't fathom her unfortunate reality.

Though the female pushed her own burdening problems to the back of her overactive mind, opting instead to focus on the one individual each occupant of the room had gathered together for.

Paradise's orbs locked on her sister in-law for a brief moment, taking in her disorientated appearance. Involuntarily a deep frown grew across her lips, the same time she began her journey towards the obvious damsel in distress.

Though before she could merely take a single progressive step, a gentle tug against her arm forced the woman back to her original position—attached to her husband's hip.

His full lips fell to the opening of her ear the moment their bodies connected, eliciting the female to shudder mildly, the feeling of his cool breath rising goosebumps to the top of her epidermis. Diah parted his lips, allowing his words to follow, all while keeping his eyes placed on merely one man parked in the farthest corner of the room, by his lonesome.

"You invited Glizzy?"

Paradise glanced over her right shoulder, descrying a single bloke, sipping on the dark colored drink he'd been given merely moments earlier.

Nodding lightly, Dise spoke, pulling Zebediah's orbs to her own with each word.

"And Debo. Aren't they yuh friends?"

Zebediah merely sighed, a plethora of thoughts running through his brain, all surrounding one word which played repeatedly in his mind, as if it had been stuck in an infinite loop.

'Friend.'

The last person he'd bestowed with that title, betrayed him in the vilest ways, so much to the point that Diah would now forever be cautious with who he referred to with that label ever again.