silence

Omniscient

Omniscient

Miami, Florida

"Nothing." Glizzy slammed his phone on the table in front of him, running a calloused hand down his face. The moment the sound diffused throughout the room, Zebediah craned his neck toward the sudden disturbance.

His thick brows were scrunched together in frustration and a hard, intimidating mug was sewn into his mien. The duo had been rummaging through the possibilities all day, trying to draw a conclusion as to where the missing woman could have possibly disappeared to.

His built frame claimed the vacant seat at the very center of the room. Around him were pristine glass walls showcasing a beautiful outside scenery. Crashing blue waves, chirping birds, and the light whirring of the air condition vent were the only sounds that resonated in the large enclosure.

For the past two days, those were the only sounds he heard along with the voice of the man he had arrived in Florida with, and the repetitive sound of thick pages flipping.

"Where the fuck is she?" Murmured words left the bloke's parted lips as he scanned his orbs over his surroundings. He was sure that Florida would be Destiny's place of refuge for the mere fact that she had distant family living in the Sunshine State.

However, after days of following the dead-end lead, Zebediah was more than ready to hypothesize that Destiny had simply fallen off the face of the Earth.

A shrug tugged against a standing Glizzy's shoulder. His face held no expression but internally, he was experiencing a kaleidoscope of emotions.

The sound of a phone ringing pulled the two men away from their own thoughts. Both individuals turned toward the noise only to descry a black mobile device flashing from across the room. Zebediah pulled his full weight to two feet, trudging slowly toward the iPhone with the look of frustration embedded into his skin.

His lips immediately twisted into a smile when he noticed the contact name 'Wife' written boldly in an all-white font. Zebediah threw a glance over his shoulder to the man behind him before parting his lips to utter, "Be right back."

A single thumb slid across the glass screen to accept the call, the same moment Diah stepped onto the hotel room's balcony, shutting the track door behind him.