butterflies

Omniscient 

Omniscient 

Atlanta, Georgia 

Paradise sat patiently against the wooden bench outside of the mall, large bags in tow as she glanced at her surroundings ever so often. Cars passed by in a breeze, whipping her wand curls into her face. She had spent two hours shopping until her feet began to ache, before finally deciding to end her day.

Already she had requested an Uber for pickup merely one-minute prior. So, there she sat, waving her hand around her face, a desperate attempt to decrease the sun's heat that had been beaming against her skin in that moment.

From the corner of her eye, she could see a tall man approaching where she sat, a smirk planted against his face as he took her in. She could merely sigh to herself; knowing she would have to turn him down.

The moment he drew nearer to her, the woman's phone rung eliciting her to retrieve the buzzing mobile from the purse she sported. Her gaze met the name that flashed across the screen; furrowing her brows in confusion. Though it had been sad to admit, the person had been the last one Paradise had expected a call from.

She pressed the device against her ear once she had answered it hearing Zebediah's voice greet her immediately. "Where are you?" His words came out in a huff when he spoke them as if he'd previously been running a marathon, and Paradise rolled her eyes, glancing at the man beside her who had stopped his movements; out of respect for her phone call.

"Why does it 'matta' Zebediah?" She twisted her lips to one side, the same time her brows formed their own confused caterpillars.

"I'm home and you not here, so where are you Dise?" She hissed her teeth softly, hesitantly giving him her precise location.

"Di mall."

He left no time for her response to linger, since promptly afterwards he spoke once more. "Aight. stay put."

The sound of a small beep made Paradise pull the phone away to glance at it; shock written on her pretty face. She dropped the phone from her grasp allowing it to sink back into its original position, before pulling her shades over her eyes once more.

The second she had, the man who'd been watching her for an entire ten minutes; filled the vacant spot next to her. He wore a bright smile on his face, taking in her every feature; while gliding his palms across one another.