tell me

Omniscient

Atlanta, Georgia

Paradise tucked the final tress of her jet black hair into a ponytail before exiting the adjoined bathroom. Immediately, she was greeted by the sight of her husband tussling with the cranberry tie that hung loosely from his French Toast collar. He had the most concentrated look on his face as he examined himself in the mirror; fidgeting.

"Yuh need some help?" Paradise walked closer to him when he nodded his head.

She closed the gap between the two, standing on her tippy toes to reach the fabric. Her fingers wrapped around the tie loosely as she concentrated on it; crafting the perfect knot.

Paradise's brows were slightly furrowed, lips pouted, and Zebediah smirked; thinking of their previous night. Patting the blade of his shoulder, the woman stepped down from her heightened stance and only then did he realize his perfectly tied tie.

She stepped away from her spot, only to feel a slight tug at her forearm, stopping her dead in her track and forcing the woman's eyes to shift from the carpeted floor beneath her white toes to the calloused hand placed around hers; before completely turning to him.

"Yeah?"

The pair's eyes locked for a moment, both getting lost in each other's specs. Zebediah's thin lips turned into a smirk, and he slid his tongue over his bottom lip before speaking.

"I never got that kiss yanno?"

His words held a certain tone, as if he were amused, watching Paradise shake like a leaf before him. The night before she had held a type of confidence that seemed to quickly fade away the instant she was placed before his intent eyes.

Her skin had taken on a deep pink tint, resembling a flower. The sweat seeping through her palms was enough to make her shake them in an attempt to dry them, and the more she stood under his gaze, the more she wanted to crawl under a rock and die.

"Yuh serious?" Her words tripped over one another when she spoke, and he chuckled making his clothes rumble against his broad chest.

"Hell yeah."

Zebediah's calloused hand journeyed down to hold her waist, immediately eliciting the girl to shutter; reeling in the feeling of his warmth.

"You must be nervous?" He took a short pause as he looked down at his wife; inwardly shaking in her boots.

"What happened to all that confidence you had last night?" A smirk replaced his expressionless face as he placed a hand around her neck; the other drawing circles around the small of her back.

Paradise's face heated up thinking of the night before. His words, touch and demeanor. If she wasn't afraid before then, thinking of the night had taken her there and then some.

Clearing her throat, she kissed his cheek watching his hand leave her neck as she dropped from his level. Zebediah let his eyes trail behind her; amused as she walked towards their bedroom door, opening it.

"Yuh have a good day at work." She turned towards Zebediah; smiling small. A sly smirk still adorned his face as he stood in his spot, watching her for a while, before exiting the room.