Christmas Through The Years

5th grade

This Christmas was meant to be normal for Ricky but obviously with Ricky's bad luck his parents had to start fighting when they were halfway through opening presents. So he did the only thing he could do to get away from the yelling. He went to his best friend Nini's house. Her mom's always told him that he was always welcoming. He was really hoping that their offer also applied to holidays.

He knocked on the door and Carol opened the door. "Ricky what are you doing here, why aren't you at home with your parents" she asked him. He was on the verge of crying during his whole ride there but Carol words were the ones that caused him to break down.

"Oh baby" she said when he started crying. Pulling him into her arms and into the house closing the door.

"We were opening presents and all of the sudden my mom gets a call from someone. And then before I know it they were both yelling and all I knew was that I had to get out of there, so I came here" He explained to Carol, Dana, and Nini when he calmed down.

"I'm gonna go call your parents and let them know you're safe, because they're probably worried sick and then you can join us for christmas dinner, how does that sound" Dana asked. Ricky didn't answer but he gave her a smile and nodded letting her know she could go ahead with her plan.

That was the fish of many Christmases that Ricky spent at the Salazar-Roberts household.

6th grade

Ricky's parents told him that they both had "work trips" over the Christmas holiday so they wouldn't be home for Christmas, but Ricky knew the truth. The truth was that his parents just didn't want to spend time together and wanted to be as far away from each other as possible. Ricky was planning on spending Christmas alone, but when Nini found out about his plan and insisted that he came over to her house, and since it was Nini he just couldn't help but agree.

7th grade

Another Christmas with Ricky's parents ment another fight. They decided that maybe it would be better if they celebrated on Christmas eve and then just chill on Christmas day. But that obviously didn't turn out how they were hoping it would.

The fight started when Mike burnt the ham for their dinner and it escalated from there, endeding in both of them storming out of the house leaving Ricky all alone again. He planned on just staying in his house, but when he couldn't sleep that night he knew exactly where he needed to go, Nini's.

When he knocked on the door he was surprised that Nini answered considering it was already past midnight meaning it was Christmas.

"Ricky, what are you doing here at this time" she asked, stepping onto the patio and closing the door so they could talk without her moms listening. "My parents got in another fight and stormed out, and I couldn't sleep" he said looking down at his feet. "Oh Ricky" she said pulling him into a hug, his face resting in the crook of her neck.

When they pulled apart something above them caught Ricky's eye.

"When did your mom put a mistletoe here" he asked pointing up. "Um I'm not sure" she replied, blushing slightly. "You know what when two people end up under the mistletoe, right?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah, and we wouldn't want to break tradition would we?" she said, getting closer to him. "No we wouldn't" he said, meeting their lips in a short peck.

8th grade

Ricky's parents were spending Christmas in Salt Lake again this year but Ricky asked if he could spend it at Nini's, and they both agreed.

This year Ricky saved up all of his allowance for three months so he could buy Nini a present. He ends up picking this necklace with a rose quarts in it. Rose quartz, the gemstone for love and compassion.