Songland

Italics mean it is being shown on TV
_________________________

It had always been Nini's dream to be a songwriter. And she finally found her way. Songland. A NBC competition show where songwriters try to impress a popular artist, and at the end the artist will produce one of the songs and release it.

"Today on songland we are joined by the one and only Taylor Swift" Ester Dean, one of the judges/producers anousted. "She has 32 grammy nominations and 10 wins under her belt. She won her first album of the year when she was only 20 years old, and was named artist of the decade."

Taylor walked into the room, and the producers immediately got up to give her a hug. "I'm so happy to be here. I'm such a big fan of the show" Taylor said. "And we are such big fans of you" Shane, another one of the producers, said.

She then sat down in her seat farthest to the left on the screen and last producer, Ryan Tedder, asked her a few questions, "So what kind of song are you looking for today." "I just want something different then what I write, whether that's a different style or just someone with a different experience than me"

"This is gonna be so much fun" Easter said, clapping her hands together.

The first artist that was introduced was Nini.

"My name is Nini Salazar-Roberts. I grew in a very nonconventional way. I was raised by my amazing 2 moms but because of that I was bullied as a child just for being different then most kids. It was hard at first until I found songwriting. It was the outlet I was looking for. Whenever I felt down, I would write a song about it. It was me turning the negative feelings I was feeling into a positive which was a song I could share with people. The title of my song is More Than Just Friends, it's about a boy that I was talking to. He would say he liked me and that hen I was ready he wanted me to be his girlfriend, but then he was also saying the exact same things to other girls. I've been a fan of Taylor Swift since I was 6 so the thought that she is going to lesion to my song and maybe even record it is unfathomable."

"Hey" everyone said as Nini walked into the room. "Hi," she responded, a smile appearing on her face. "So this is Taylor Swift," Shane said, pointing to Taylor. "I know" she squealed obviously starstruck.

"So what's your name" one of the producers/judges on the show asked her. "My name is Nini Salazar-Roberts," she said, her smile only getting larger. "What do you have for us today" they asked her. "A song called More Than Just Friends" she said. "Let's hear it"

I hope I see you never again
I hope you're playing her instead
I hope you never cross my mind
I hope to leave this all behind

I know you're fucking her
While your fucking with my mind
I know you're leaving soon
But I wish it was tonight
You never cared,
That was just a lie
And that why we could never be
More than just friend
More than just friends
oh, oh, oh
More than just friends
We'll never be
More than just friends

They all clapped when she was done singing. "Woohoo"

"Wow, I can really hear the emotion in your voice" Taylor said. "Yeah the pain of the words mixed with the upbeat melody is amazing" Easter added.

"I think that we could change a couple of these lyrics and improve it a little bit," Ryan suggested. "How about you say you cared, but I know that's just a lie"