The New Romeo and Juliet

Trigger warning: suicide

Nini and her moms were walking around town. She didn't get out of the house much, so whenever she did she made sure to enjoy every second of it. Carol and Dana went off to do some shopping but Nini decided to go to the park instead to relax and enjoy the fresh air.

While she was walking around she noticed a very attractive man sitting on one of the benches. Nini stared at him for a while before slowly making her way in his direction. "Hi, is this seat taken?" she asked him pointing to the seat next to him. He looked up at her. He studied her face for a second before answering "for you it isn't." Nini blushed slightly at is words before sitting down in the seat.

"What's your name" he asked her. "Nini she said looking up at him again. His eyes were all she could focus on. "Ricky" he said outing his hand out to shake her's. This broke Nini out her thoughts as she quickly took his hand and shook it. They both had the biggest smiles on their faces.

"NINA SALAZAR-ROBERTS WHAT ARE YOU DOING HANGING OUT WITH A BOWEN" she heard Dana screaming. They quickly jumped apart. Ricky sat there awkwardly scratching the back of his neck as Dana continued to yell.

The Bowen's and the Salazar-Roberts's have had a long standing rivalry ever since Ricky's grandmother stole Nini's grandmother's fiancé.

After Dana was done yelling she grabbed Nini's hand and started pulling her away from the boy. She looked back at him one more time thinking this might be the last time she sees him. "Meet me here at midnight" he mouthed. Nini smiles in response before letting herself be pulled away by her mother.

-------------Midnight-------------

"Psst, over here" Ricky whisper screams trying to get Nini's attention. When she heard him and turned around. 'Wow he looks even cuter than he did earlier' she thought when she saw him. "Hi" she said walking up to him. "Hey" he breathed out taking in her beauty, "You're really cute." She blushed at his words. "You don't look to bad yourself." she said, a faint blush aperring on his face too. He smiled at her not really knowing what to say next.

They sat in the park for hours talking to each other, not like a Bowen talking to a Salazar-Roberts, but like lifelong friends. Within 2 hours they seemed to know each other so well, that no one would have been able to guess that they had just meet a few hours ago.

They continued this every night sneaking out at midnight and meeting at the park. This night was a normal night far them of talking a laughing. Until their faces come very close to each other. Their breaths hitched. "Can I kiss you" Ricky whispered staring into her eyes. She didn't answer, she just leaned up and pressed her lips against his. He immediately kissed her back. This was a kiss like neither of them had experienced before. It was perfect.

They couldn't stop smiling the rest of the night thinking about the moment they shared. They were happy and it didn't matter what their last names were or what happened in the past. All that mattered was that they were happy and together.

A week after their first kiss they were at the park once again continuing to flirt and kiss all night. "Nini, I have something to tell you" Ricky said, Nini was slightly concerned about what he was going to tell her, but let him talk. "Nini, I think I'm falling in love with you." He said really fast but she still understood what he was saying. Nini's concerned face suddenly turned into a large grin. "Me too" she whispered before kissing him. When they when home that day they both knew something between them had changed for the better.