The Best Man (Rini week #2 1)

Nini and Ricky woke up in his room, on the day of the wedding. Not their wedding, don't get ahead of yourself. Mike and Jenn's wedding.

It was the perfect time for Ricky and Nini. It was the summer before their freshman year of college. Ricky was always scared of leaving his dad alone when he went to college but now he would have Jenn, and Jenn made him happy.

They both had part in the wedding. Nini as a bridesmaid and Ricky as Mike's best man.

Nini was meant to spend the night at the hotel with the bride and the other bridesmaids, but she decided to stay at the Bowen's house to help with a couple of last minute preparations. 

"I don't want you to leave," Ricky said, his arm wrapped around her waist as they laid in his bed. "I would love to stay, but I have to go meet the other girl at the hotel." she said, trying to wiggle her way out of his grasp. "How about I stay over again tonight, I know how much you hate being home alone" she said. Ricky sighed and let her go.

Nini quickly got changed into one of Ricky's hoodies and a pair of leggings. She gave Ricky a quick kiss and headed out to the hotel.

"Nini you're here" Jenn said as she opened the door to the room all the bridesmaids were getting ready in. Nini was quickly rushed into the room and was handed her robe.

Nini and Jenn had gotten a lot closer since her and Ricky and Mike and Jenn had gotten together. Jenn was like her third mom, when there was drama at her house, or just someone she didn't want to talk to her moms, she could always go to Jenn and get some good advice.

Even though they were close Nini was surprised when Jenn asked her to be one of her bridesmaids. "You're the closest thing I have to a daughter" was her reasoning.

It was weird for Nini to get her makeup done. The only person beside herself to have ever done her makeup was Kourtney and it kind of felt like she was makeup cheating on her.

After she got her hair and makeup done she put her dress on. It was a beautiful long maroon dress with spaghetti straps, and extra fabric that draped off her shoulder.

 It was a beautiful long maroon dress with spaghetti straps, and extra fabric that draped off her shoulder

"Nini, can you button me up" Jenn asked as she stood in front of the mirror. Nini walked over to her and started to button up the back of her dress. "You look so beautiful, Jenn" Nini said, a tear coming to her eye. "Is there anything else you need help with."

"Just one thing" Jenn said, "I know Ricky took his parents divorce hard, and he wasn't happy when his mom got remarried. Ricky says he's happy about today, but if he isn't, can you tell me. I want to make sure he's okay with this. I don't think he'd tell me or his father, but he would tell you. I just want him to be happy." Nini smiled at her and nodded.

She really did love Ricky like a son. She was willing to give up her happiness if it meant Ricky would be happy.

All the groomsmen and bridesmaids met together before anyone else shows up to go over everything one last time before the ceremony.  And Nini pulled Ricky aside.