I Love You (What if part 1)

Hi this is my first story in this book...so I hope you enjoy it.

——————————————————

What if... Ricky had told Nini he loved her that night in her room

——————————————————

"I do Ricky...I love you" Nini says with tears of joy in her eyes. Ricky looked at her slightly tearing up for a different reason. "Oh" Ricky said shaken up by what Nini had just told him. All Ricky could think about was his parents, and how they used to say those words to each other all the time, but don't anymore. "Oh?" Nini questions. "Yeah it's just...that's a really big thing to post online. Look...um...I've been thinking and...um...your gonna be out of town for like a month right?" Rick said, Nini's joy starts to turn to sadness and she nods. "And you'll probably have no reception in the woods so maybe we should...chill for a minute...uh...you know like take a temporary pause?" Ricky said as tears starting to form in his eyes 'why did I say that, why didn't I just tell the the truth. I know I love her why can't I just tell her that..ugh I so stupid' Ricky thought to himself. "Um... a pause...yeah...uh... I totally get that" Nini said. 'I don't get that, I don't get that one bit. I told this boy I love him and he says is he wants to take a "pause," but when one person wants to break up you break up, you can't force them to stay with you, you can't force them to love you...' Nini thought to herself as her vision starts to blur because of the tears. Now Nini was really crying. "I should go" Ricky said picking up his shoes and walking out the door closing it behind him. Nini grabbed a pillow and started to cry into it. Once Ricky closed the door. He just stood outside Nini's bedroom door herring muffled sobs coming from Nini's room, which broke Ricky's heart. He did love her, but with what was going on with his parents he just couldn't bring himself to go through with it and tell her how he felt about her. But now he regretted being a wimp, and not telling her. Now she's going to go to camp and met a handsome prince who will sweep her off her feet, and make her forget about him.
Carol, one of Nini's moms saw him sitting on the top stairs crying. "What's wrong honey" she said rubbing his back. "I just made the biggest mistake ever" Ricky said wiping the tears from his eyes "Nini told me she loved me...and I couldn't say it back. Then I told her I want to take a pause, I don't want to take a pause." "Do you" Carol asked. "What?" Ricky responded very confused about what she meant by the question. "Ricky, do you love her" she asked again. He pause for a moment before he said "Obviously I love her, how can you not love her, she's perfect, she's the one person I can talk to about anything, even stupid little problems, she's always there for me, no matter what" Ricky says not really knowing why he's telling her all this. "Then go in there and tell her everything you just told me, and if she really is always there for you, she will listen and understand where you're coming from. Now I don't know everything about your relationship with Nini and I don't know why you feel like you can't tell her how you feel, but I have a feeling it might have something to do with your parents" Ricky just nodded his head as Carol kept talking. "Don't use your parents as an example for what all relationships are like, okay? Look at me. Dana and I have been together for almost 20 years and we are still going strong. Now look, some relationship don't work out and some do, but you won't know about you and Nini unless you are 100% honest with each her and right now you're not by not telling her how you feel. So if you want to be with Nini you have to go in there and talk to her, okay?" Ricky just hugged Carol. "Thank you I needed that." Ricky quickly stood up and walked to Nini's room and knocked on the door. "Go away mom I don't want to talk about it" Nini screamed. Ricky opened the door and walked it. "I'm not your mom...sorry to disappoint you" "Go away" she said looking at her pillow. "I don't want to take a pause" Ricky said quickly. That made Nini look in his direction. She noticed his tear stained face and her heart broke even more in that moment. "I love you Nini and I'm sorry I didn't say it earlier, I just...my parents aren't really in the best place right now, in their relationship I mean, and I used them as an example of what our relationship would be like, and I'm sorry about that, I realized that I shouldn't be comparing our relationship to anyone else's relationship, because we have our own relationship that is nothing like anyone else's, we have something special and I really don't want to let go of what we have." Ricky was going to say more but when he looked into Nini's eyes all he could think about was how much he hurt her. He was about to leave when he suddenly felt Nini's lips on his, it only took him a second to start kissing back. When they pulled away Ricky whispered "I love you Nina Salazar-Roberts" "I love you to Richard Bowen" Ricky quickly pulled her into another kiss. They only stopped when they herd a knock on the door, it was Carol. "How are things going in here?" Instead of saying anything Ricky grabbed Nini's hand and interlocked it with his while Nini rested her head on Ricky's shoulder. Ricky looked at her with love in his eyes before quickly turning back to look at her mom. "Then I guess I'll leave to to love birds alone. Have fun, but not too much fun." Carol said with a laugh. Nini's cheeks turned a dark shade of red as her mom closed the door. "Sorry about my mom" Nini said still very embarrassed. "You should be thanking her right now, without her I would probably still be outside your door contemplating everything I have ever done in my entire life. She came and talked to me about not comparing us to my parents and without her I wouldn't be here with you and I wouldn't have been able to tell you how much I love you Nini" Nini just smiles not knowing what to say. So she pulled him into a kiss. It wasn't like there kiss before. That one deep and passionate, this one was soft and sweet but it was filled with all the emotions both of them had been feeling for the past 11 years. It was perfect, because they were perfect together.

I knew the end was cheesy but I don't care. I hope you enjoyed. Comment any ideas for any other one shots you would like to see me write.

1210 words