Birthday

Nini's birthday was alway Ricky's favorite holiday to celebrate. They had spent most of their birthdays together since they met in kindergarten, but this birthday was different. This was the first birthday they were celebrating since they started dating a couple months ago.

Nini woke up on the day of her birthday to a text.

Nini looked at the clock and  saw that she only had 30 minutes to get ready

Nini looked at the clock and  saw that she only had 30 minutes to get ready. So she quickly got changed into her outfit, did her hair and put on some light makeup. Not knowing what they were doing today because Ricky refused to give her details, she put on a daily casual but still nice looking outfit that she thought would work no matter where they went.  

At exactly 10 Ricky pulled up to the Salazar-Roberts house

At exactly 10 Ricky pulled up to the Salazar-Roberts house. He walked up and knocked on the door with flowers in his hand. Nini was the one to open the door and her eyes went wide when she saw the flowers

"Awww Ricky this is so sweet. You didn't have to get me flowers" Nini said, taking them from him and handing them to her mom who had walked over when she heard the door open. "I know but I wanted to"

After Nini said goodbye to her moms, Ricky took Nini's hand and led her to his car.

The first place he took her was to their favorite brunch spot for some food. Nini got french toast and Ricky got the eggs benedict.

After their brunch Ricky took her to the daylight showing of tangled at the drive in movie theater. They set up the trunk of Ricky's car with blankets, pillows and snacks.

They were waiting for the movie to start in silence just enjoying each other's company, Nini's head resting on Ricky's shoulder, when Ricky decided to give Nini her present. It was a music note necklace and a new songbook that she had been wanting.

 It was a music note necklace and a new songbook that she had been wanting

"Ricky, why did you buy this. It's so expensive," Nini said, holding the necklace in her hand, tears forming in her eyes. "Because I knew you would love it. I don't care about the price I care about you" he said, wiping one of the tears off her face.

"Now that that is done we can watch the movie."

When the movie finished Ricky drove her back to her house for her last surprise.

"Thank you for today. You really made this one of the best birthdays ever" Nini said leaning up and pecking his lips.

"There's still one more thing left," Ricky said. Nini was going to respond but was stopped when Ricky opened the door to reveal all of her family and friends in her living room. "Surprise" they all said as she walked through the door.

"Did you do all this?" she asked her boyfriend. He nodded then added "I had some help though" he said pointing at her moms and her Lola.

"You're the best boyfriend ever," she said, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

________________________

IT"S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to write a birthday themed one shot and post it at midnight on my birthday. And it wasn't a bad idea, I just wish I had thought of it before 10:30pm the day before my birthday so I had more than an hour and a half to completely plan and write this. But alas this is what i came up with only about an hour of actual writing.

590 words