s i x t e e n

chapter 16

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
lifeless
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Faeryn stepped silently down the stairs into the common room, looking over at the area of couches and chairs Sirius would always be found at. She smirked when she saw it was deserted.

The common room was so quiet to the point that it was loud, she glanced at her watch, 9:30 pm, she would be out way past curfew. She tiptoed over to the portrait hole, calculating each step as to not make any sound.

"Where do you think you're going?"

She jumped at the sound of Sirius' voice, she held her hand over her chest attempting to stifle the rough beating of her heart.

"Er... the kitchens?" she declared.

"Can't go anywhere without the cloak and map though, can you?" he said with a smirk.

She didn't reply and simply stared at him.

"Come on, I wanna see what form you take. We don't have all night," he said with a knowing glint in his eyes, holding up the invisibility cloak for Faeryn to join him under.

She scoffed, but still ducked under his arm to settle under the cloak. He held out the map for her to take, she grabbed it and tapped it with her wand.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good," she whispered. She watched in familiar awe as names and rooms began to bleed onto the parchment. Her eyes swept back and forth around the Ravenclaw dormitories, slightly furrowing her eyebrows when she noticed Kris' bed was deserted.

Faeryn sighed in relief when she saw Kris with one of her friends in their common room. She assumed he was helping her study for the upcoming OWLs.

The thought of OWLs made her internally groan, the teachers were starting to pile up the work at an unbearable rate. She was constantly stuck in the library until closing time desperately trying to keep up with the workload. Faeryn felt as if she could suffocate under all of her books and the essays that she had to write.

Sirius cleared his throat to her right, snapping her out of her reflections.

"Right, sorry... this way," she said, avoiding his gaze.

The two made their way up to the seventh floor, Sirius guiding them as she stared at the map to stay clear of any wandering students or teachers.

It wasn't curfew yet but they didn't want to raise suspicions by going to the seventh floor so late at night, especially since it had been an unusual time since the boys had pulled any type of pranks.

When they spotted the tapestry that alerted them they were by the room, Faeryn ducked out from under the cloak and began to pace back and forth in front of the corridor. She smiled as the door appeared and she opened it to her room.

Sirius came in after her, eyes scanning all around the room and smirking when he caught sight of the giant beanbag. He zoomed over and jumped onto it, a huge grin on his face.

"Let's begin shall we?" he smirked.

She nodded, holding her wand up to her chest and saying the spell, hopefully for the last time. She had said those words so many times they had lost all meaning.

She closed her eyes and aimed to focus all her energy in her chest, condensing it into a tight ball of warmth just under her sternum.

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

She felt her body relax with each intake of breath, a sense of calm overtook her.

The energy began to heat up in her chest, and it took ample concentration to maintain control.