f i f t e e n

chapter 15

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
Moony, Moony, Moony

Padfoot, Padfoot, Padfoot
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"You became a what?!" exclaimed Sirius as he and Faeryn were walking from class.

"I became an animagus," she mumbled while looking the other way.

"What if you fucked it up? You could have been stuck as a—whatever you are— for the rest of your life!" he blurted.

"Are you scolding me? The Sirius Black, yelling at me because I did something dangerous," she said in disbelief, she slapped the back of her hand against his forehead with concern.

He scoffed and shoved her hand away, "It's different when it's harmless pranks and shit but you could have royally fucked that up." he said with his arms dramatically crossed over his chest. Such a drama queen.

"Don't have any faith in me?" she questioned, a mischievous glimmer in her eyes.

"Shut up," he responded, a grin on his face.

The two Gryffindors stepped out into the spring air, feeling the grass sink below them as they walked. The fragrance of rain still infiltrated their noses from the rainstorm that had taken place the previous night. The trees were beginning to bloom with pinks and greens, the two values contrasting as opposites. But as they say, opposites attract, and the branches danced collectively in the wind, the pinks sweeping against the green in greeting.

Birds were flying about happily, joining the conversations of the multiple colored branches, adding into the splash of color that painted the grounds.

"I haven't exactly transformed yet," she said as she dried the grass under a tree with the wave of her wand.

Sirius halted mid-step and turned his head to glare at her.

Before he could shout at her again, Faeryn rolled her eyes, "I don't wanna hear it, mum. I'll be fine. I'm gonna wait until the next moon." she said, as she sat down with her legs crossed on the lawn.

Sirius gawked at her, "You will do no such thing!" he exclaimed, sounding scarily similar to McGonagall. "You need to practice transforming as many times as you can before you go out there with Moony. Are you mental?!" he yelled, as he dropped down next to her.

Faeryn rolled her eyes as she rummaged through her bag, drawing out two clear canvas' and setting one out in front of her and one in front of Sirius.

"I'll go in the room of requirement tonight and do it then," she said as she pulled out a few paints that were thrown in her bag.

"I'm coming with you, you aren't gonna do it alone." he huffed as he drew his hair into a ponytail.

"Whatever Sirius. Nice to know you believe in me. What a loving brother you are." she grumbled as she adjusted her supplies in front of her.

"Oh don't even, Fae. I'm not in the mood for this," he said as he too arranged his supplies.

"No, I am gonna do this because—" She started.

"Periwinkle," he said.

Faeryn huffed, "Fine." before shutting her mouth.

Periwinkle was their word for a truce, basically. When one of them realized they were arguing over something dumb they would say the word and behave as if no quarrel had taken place.