e l e v e n

chapter 11

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
imperious
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

James was sure his heart was going to beat right out of his chest.

James was absolutely baffled when he realized the feelings he had for his best friend's sister were not newly onset. Looking back at it now, he always had some sort of adoration toward her.

Merlin, he was so fucked.

He was hardly able to compose himself because he knew that what he felt for her wasn't allowed. Remus would probably Avada him on the spot if he even admitted to thinking she was pretty.

Back in around 3rd year, Remus had made it very clear that Faeryn was off-limits. James doubted that had changed.

And James was sure he was going to throw up from all of the emotions that were flooding his system all at once.

Because she was in his room.

And it was early in the morning and she came strolling in, no knock or anything (He could have been wanking for Merlin's sake!) like it was nobody's business.

But he was absolutely frozen when she sat on his bed. His stomach practically glued to his throat, he could not think or talk or even react.

Oh, Merlin, a girl was on his bed!

And she had obviously just woken up, and her hair was still a little wavy from last night. Remus's jumper was so big it covered her shorts, and he was absolutely infatuated with her.

And she looked so unknowing and innocent and he was sure he could pass out from the way she was smiling up at him lazily at the foot of his bed.

"Why the hell are you in my room at 7:00 am?" he asked, he was utterly terrified. Because he had just woken up, as well. And that meant something much more different to him than it did to her.

And it did not help that she was sitting on his bed! God! He could not get over that. He felt like such a perve but he simply could not help it. Could you blame him though?

"I couldn't sleep," she said simply, resting her chin on her hands.

"So you came into my room?" he asked, baffled. Because he just wanted her to leave, because this was too much for him. Because he actually desperately wanted her to stay. And the fact that he even thought that about her had him questioning everything he had ever done. And he just wanted her to leave. Because this could become very bad for him in the snap of a finger.

And James could not even process anything when she laid down next to him. And he prayed to every god that could ever exist that a giant hole would come and swallow him up forever because,

'Fuck! I fancy Remus's sister!'

And she was in his bed!

And the thought had not fully processed in his head the previous night, and of course, it had finally settled into his brain while she was laying in his bed! Right as he woke up! You know what that means! And all of his senses were heightened and he was willing away any thoughts that popped into his head. Because he knew if he began to think he would think of something that would not help his problem. And he could not deal with that at the moment.

"Yup," she replied. James gulped.

She cleared her throat and the goofy smile on her face was replaced with a serious stillness.