f i v e

chapter 5

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
sea of suffering
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Faeryn thought nothing could get worse than the pain of the last transformation.

She was so wrong.

The last full moon was nothing compared to the horrible agony she was feeling.

Absolutely no words could get close to explaining the torture she was experiencing.

It felt as if all of her limbs were being torn off one by one, being sliced into thin slices of her flesh. It felt as if thousands of knives were being pushed into every separate nerve simultaneously. It felt as if thousands of claws were tearing her up from the inside trying to escape.

She was hyper-aware of the feeling of all her bones shattering, she could feel every stray piece that was missing from where they should be. The burn of her nerves splitting as her skin was pulled from her muscles.

She was yelling, so loud, so loud to the point that she could not scream anymore, and all that was coming out of her mouth was strangled gasps and rasps.

The pain was so bad, that to Faeryn, she didn't even exist to process anything. To Faeryn, the only aspect of life she could feel was the pain.

She couldn't process the worried voices of her brother's 3 best friends, couldn't process the frantic hands running through her hair, or rubbing her back soothingly. She couldn't process the cold rag placed on her forehead.

The only thing she could process was the pain, the misery, the agony, the suffering, the anguish.

Until she couldn't process anything at all, and her body had finally shut down from the overload of pain. And she was passed out in the worried arms of Sirius and James.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Remus woke up in the hospital wing with a huge gasp of air.

His mind was blank, he could only think of the pain. But he knew there was something wrong, he knew he needed to do something.

It took all of his will power to think, he tried to remember what happened last night, but all that he could remember was bits and pieces of black and white, the smell of metallic blood, his blood.

And, oh.

Oh.

Faeryn.

He felt their connection snap last night, it was the last second before he lost his mind to the wolf, the last possible second of pain for her. And he felt the connection between the two of them go cold as if it was never there in the first place.

He sat up in his bed, yelling out in horrible pain at all the gashes throughout his body, the deepest one on his chest.

He assumed it was the wolf worrying about the lack of nerve activity, clawing around to try and get it back.

His pained cry alerted madam Pomfrey, who quickly pulled back his curtains to reveal her face pale with worry.

"Remus! lie back down, you are in no condition to be sitting upright!" she said, gently ushering his head back onto his pillow.

He winced at the constricting of his wounds as he moved.

"Wheres Faeryn? Is she okay? What happened to her?" he asked frantically, coughing when he felt the dryness of his throat from screaming the prior night.