t w e n t y t h r e e

chapter 23

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
crystal
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"Faeryn come on," James asserted as he attempted to drag her out of her bed.

Faeryn was squeezing her eyes shut and attempting to pull against him, struggling desperately to stay in bed. She was not a morning person, James was. It created a very amusing but troublesome dynamic.

"Please, please, please get up. You promised," he whined.

Merlin, he was going to be the death of her.

"Could you be more childish?" she asked as she finally sat up in her bed and pressed the heel of her palms into her eyes, complaining as she stretched.

James didn't respond, and merely huffed to himself. He was standing at the edge of her bed with his arms now crossed against his chest dramatically.

"James we have all day," she groaned as she surveyed the small clock she had set on her nightstand.

"But why would we waste it in bed when we could be in muggle towns!" he said beaming.

James had been asking endlessly (for the past two years it had felt like) for Remus to take him and Sirius into the muggle world. And now that Faeryn was living with them too, she finally agreed to go. A mistake for her sleep schedule, seemingly.

Faeryn groaned again, but she wasn't going to deny that she was rather excited to take James shopping.

"Fine, but get out of my room before I'm naked," she grumbled and James flushed, turning on his heel and darting out of the room.

Faeryn laughed to herself as she slipped into a tank top and put a large button-up shirt over it (she kept it unbuttoned though, gotta keep the style) with some jeans. Remus would have to help the boys dress appropriately for the muggle world, though it would be delighting to knowingly send them out in humiliating attire without their knowledge.

She popped her head into Remus' room to see if he was awake, and was instead comforted with the sight of Sirius' bare back on top of him.

She scrunched her nose in distaste and mocked a gag.

"Get a room," she quipped as she stepped out of the room. She froze in the hallway and blinked as she comprehended that in fact, they did get a room.

She trudged into James' room after, and knocked this time to make sure she didn't walk in on him changing, though she wouldn't mind that much.

"You will never guess what I just walked in on," she said in a moderately disgusted tone.

"You appear to disregard the fact that I share a wall with Remus' room. I know exactly what you just walked in on," he grumbled, he had heard too many sounds from through the thin walls that he never should have had to hear.

Faeryn snorted, she was glad to be across the hallway, where there had to have been some sort of charm keeping the sound out, because you could hardly hear anything going on in either of the rooms.

Faeryn didn't think she had seen James in such muggle attire before, he was in some black jeans and a loose button-up shirt, he very kindly kept the top buttons open, (he no doubt saw the same outfit on another muggle, he's not original enough to know to unbutton it from his own creativity). She liked James in muggle clothes very much.

She had a bag full of Muggle money and coins in her hand, she had to waste all of the previous night explaining to James, who had taken muggle studies for Merlin's sake and should know how money works, how muggle money operated.