t w o

chapter 2

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
destiny
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Breakfast was unbearable the next day.

This moon was worse than usual, and Faeryn had no idea why. She knew that if her twin was stressed the wolf would inflict more pain, but what was he stressed about? Was it the stress of the upcoming OWLs?

She felt every ache, every gash, every reset bone, every spark of pain. It was thankfully dulled due to Madam Pomfrey's insurance that she drink a pain potion every 6 hours for the day. Although the potion didn't do much to ease the horrible worries plaguing her thoughts.

Why was Remus so stressed? Is he okay? What's been going on to make him so bad? Why hasn't he talked to her about it?

She was abruptly yanked from her thoughts when three boys lazily plopped onto the bench in front of her, the dishes rattling against each other at the force, she looked up at them tiredly.

Peter flashed her a sheepish smile, he looked anxious, tense.  He began to franticly usher food into his plate, immediately shoving whole muffins into his mouth. She wanted to ask the kind boy what was wrong, but decided not to pry. She lazily smiled back.

Sirius had a smirk on his lips, but his eyes were busy searching Faeryns and Lily's tired expressions, "You guys look like shit." he said with his eyebrowed slightly furrowed.

Faeryn flashed him a bored look, "Thank you, Sirius. You sure know how to make girls feel good about themselves." She quickly glanced to Peter who was still shoveling food into his mouth frantically, she rose her eyebrow at the boy.

The other two boys, she noticed, were not eating. This was quite surprising, as she looked over to James who would usually be plopping big heaps of food onto his plate. And instead, he was tapping his finger absentmindedly against the grained wood of the Gryffindor table. His eyes kept trailing to Peter's plate, his gaze unseeing.

"How's Remus?" she asked, as she slowly piled a small portion of food onto her plate.

She tried not to wince at the movement. For she knew exactly how Remus was, she could feel the uncomfortable heat pooling in her joints, the static throbbing of her skin, the constant ache behind her eyes. The giant hash she knew would be bandaged on her brothers arm the next time she saw him. And although the pain potion was dulling the sensations, she still felt everything.

But the boys didn't know that, and it would be odd not to ask.

Sirius cast a nervous glance at Lily, who was politely eating her food to Faeryns left, keeping quiet, but focusing her attention on the conversation playing out in front of her.

Sirius awkwardly cleared his throat, "He got sick last night, we haven't gone to see him yet. Just waiting for Pete to finish his breakfast." he flashed a small grin at Peter, slyly gesturing for him to hurry eating.

Peter froze, his hand was halfway to his mouth, a small portion of a bread roll held loosely in between his fingers. He blinked and set his roll onto his plate. He brought his sleeve up to his mouth and wiped the jam and crumbs from the corners of his lips.

"Done," he said shyly, with a sheepish smile on his face.

"That's our queue. See you, little Moony!" James called out, as he quickly stood up from his seat, snatching an apple from the middle of the table and tossing it up in the air just to catch it again. "Evans." he nodded kindly. She nodded back.