t w e n t y o n e

chapter 21

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
lessening bonds
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"—the shakiness will go away after a while," Faeryn whispered.

"And Rem can rub your back, that seemed to help me when—" she continued in a hushed voice, they were trying not to be heard.

James grumbled as he awoke, limbs in pain from the unnatural position he had slept in.

"When what?" he asked innocently as he rubbed his eyes.

"Nothing!" both Remus and Sirius quickly replied.

James opened his eyes groggily to see Sirius laying limp in Remus's lap, Faeryn was massaging up his arm with experience.

Faeryn looked at the two of them with knit eyebrows, in a hushed voice, she asked, "Why can't I tell him?" too quiet for James to understand, but loud enough for him to know they were talking.

"Because he'll flip out—!" Remus started.

Sirius placed his hand over Remus' as a gesture to tell him to be quiet.

"Faeryn, just trust us. Don't tell him." Sirius whispered, his voice was dry and cracky, lacking its usual confidence.

Faeryn nodded and continued massaging his hand gently.

"How are you feeling, Pads?" James asked, sitting up in the armchair.

"Never better, Prongs," he said raspily.

James smiled sadly, he hated seeing his best mate look so unlike himself.

He was just grateful he was safe now.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Each day Sirius got stronger, and a week after he had mysteriously walked through their fireplace looking like a zombie, he was mostly back to regular Sirius.

Faeryn and Sirius were slowly venturing through the woods on the way to the river, a heavy bag slung over her shoulder that was slightly weighing her down.

"Fae, I can carry the—"

"I swear to fucking god Padfoot if you say you can carry the bag for me one more time I'll crucio you myself," she snapped.

Sirius fell silent.

Faeryn stopped walking in the realization of what she said. She took it too far and now—

Sirius burst into hysterical laughter. Faeryn's face that was full of concern switched to one that was full of a confused smile.

"You should have— you should have seen your face!" he choked out between his laughter.

"Shove off!" she said behind a laugh as she dropped her bag with a clang on a patch of grass near the water.

She pouted as she crossed her arms across her chest and plopped dramatically onto the ground. Their duo dynamic always brought the biggest dramatics out of each of them.

Sirius copied her movements, crossing his arms over his chest and dropping to the ground with a huff. He looked at her with a look that said nothing but 'I did it better'

Faeryn rolled her eyes as she reached into the bag, and as usual, she placed a plain canvas in front of her and then Sirius. Spreading out her paint and brushes on the ground.

Faeryn stared longingly at where she and James were in the water just a few days prior, but shook her head to clear her thoughts. It was just a silly little crush, nothing would come out of it.