n i n e

chapter 9

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
tinker bell
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Faeryn was stuck in the hospital wing for the next few days, though she could hardly get bored. There wasn't one whole moment where she was alone, not once.

She wasn't sure if they actually wanted to keep her company, or if they were scared she was still going to try and off herself, again. She decided not to think about it and enjoy the attention, regardless.

She was still quite weak when she was released and wasn't allowed to go back to her classes for another week after that, which was almost perfect timing. Christmas break started in a week. Meaning she was off of school for the next couple of weeks.

Faeryn was so used to waking up on the scratchy paper sheets in the confined space in between the curtains of her temporary room. So used to the smell of medical potions and foul-smelling chemicals. So used to seeing James slumped over on his transfigured chair half asleep, that the first morning she woke up in her dorm bed she freaked out. Unaware of where she was, or why she was there.

She jumped up and hit the back of her head on her headboard, earning the attention of the 3 other girls in the room. She had screwed her eyes shut from the pain, she still had a piercing headache from all the potions and bloodloss. And by the time she gained her composure and opened her eyes she saw her 3 dorm mates staring worriedly down at her.

She gave them a pointed look because no matter how many times she told them she was fine, they would not listen.

When she went back to dinner for the first time she felt as though every pair of eyes in the great hall were trained on her pale and weakened body. Faeryn was usually quite confident, it was hard not to get caught up in the excess arrogance of James Potter and Sirius Black. But Faeryn had never been more insecure then she was at that moment.

Apparently, the small number of students the boys passed on that day had started a chain of rumors, one second everyone was glaring at Sirius, the next they were feeling sorry for him. One moment everyone will cower away from Remus, and the next moment they are checking that he is okay. It was as if Rowans bipolar mess of a brain was thrown  in the open heads of every student.

"No, no. My favorite is that 'I tried to kill you because you kissed Lily.'" James said with a cheeky grin, doubling over in laughter when Remus snapped his head toward Faeryn, terrified.

"I didn't kiss Lily, Remus," she reassured him, and his shoulders relaxed.

"I snogged her," she said with a smirk.

Remus choked on his tea, and there was a short moment of pure silence from everyone at the table before everyone started uncontrollably laughing.

Remus watched horrified while everyone laughed, he cleared his throat once the laughter had died down. "My favorite is that 'I didn't want to be the only twin with scars so I tried to slash your face to become more identical,'" Remus said, finally getting over the mentioning of Fae snogging Lily. (Only after he was reassured that, in fact, Faeryn did not snog Lily. She was not a home-wrecker, and loved both Rowan and Lily to death).

The group all finished eating, besides Peter who was still scarfing down food like it was his last meal. Faeryn had a brilliant idea, it had been a while since she had sabotaged one of the boys, she smirked in triumph.

She stepped onto the table, holding her wand to her neck, and clearing her throat.

"Attention Hogwarts students! I'm sure you've heard of all the rumors spreading around, and I would like to confirm that, yes, James Potter did try to kill me because I snogged his Lily-Flower." she sent a wink aimed in Lily's direction. The hall erupted with whispers and gasps.