4.2

"Well, at least you tried," Russet says to Cerise.

"Yeah," Canna adds. "And you have spirit. Can't deny you that." She comes over to the table she was once sitting at after returning her Pokémon. "Tell me Cerise, how many badges do you have?"

She frowns. "Umm, just three but I started late. How many badges do you have?"

"Five, so does Adon. We're on our way to our sixth." Canna looks directly at Cerise with an accusing look on her face. "You hurry up Cerise. You don't really have that much time. Speaking of time, what's it now?"

Adon answers. "About two o'clock. Plenty of time for a gym battle."

They talk more but I'm not paying attention. Instead I'm focused on the girl who's staring at me, the black haired girl in the loose dress. I return the look and get intense blue eyes turn to ice cold steel. Lisian notices the two of us staying at each other and begins to look back and forward between us. When the young child stops, she's staring at the other girl.

"Vera," Lisian begins. "Why are staring at Sienna?"

"You are hiding something," the girl, Vera, says to me. "At least, that is what my powers are telling me." Huh? Her powers?

"What do you mean 'your powers'," I ask.

She responds "I am a Hex Girl. I have special psychic abilities."

"I thought they were called Hex Maniacs," I say. She is simply one of those crazy trainers you see on TV, like Pokémaniacs. Wait a second.

I look over at Lisian. Blonde hair, pink dress, bow, accompanied by a Fairy type Pokémon, Dedenne in her case. "You're a Fairy Tale Girl," I say to her. She smiles and nods. "So I guess you two are Mysterious Sisters?" Again, she nods. So does her Dedenne. Oh great, even more strange people.

"Maniac," Vera continues, "makes it seem as if I am crazy or insane, which I am not. You, on the other hand, seem... irregular. Perhaps a little unstable." I cringe at that word. Unstable. That's been my label for how long? 4 years? 5? 6? But it's untrue. They're all lying! I am fine! I ask perfectly stable!

"I am, in no sense of the word, unstable," I announce to Vera. "Nor am I hiding anything." She sighs.

"I am inclined to believe otherwise. My intuition is telling me that there is something off about you."

"Then tell your intuition to stop talking." I don't like the way my voice sounds. It isn't calm, but tense shaky. It shouldn't be that way! I don't like it!

"A little defensive, are we," she states with a slight smirk. "You know Sienna, it is Sienna right, you seem familiar. No, I do not believe I have ever met you before, but I do believe I have seen you somewhere before. A younger you, but nevertheless, you."

I shift uncomfortably. "You're very strange."

"The same could be said for you." She stares at me, directly in my eyes. Her bright blue ones almost seem to glow. It's make me nervous...

I stand up and say "I'll be back" before  leaving. Averie, who had been sitting at my feet, quickly follows. I keep walking until I've left Shalour, and don't stop until I've reached the beach. I love the beach. It's a lot different than where I grew up. The beach is warm and inviting and calm.

I sit on the sand. Averie comes over and rests her head on my thigh while looking up at me. She knows something is wrong. Her eyes tell it all.

"It's okay girl," I reassure her. "Vera just reminded me of something. That's all." She reminded me of the lawyer who interrogated me. He didn't have blue eyes, I actually don't remember what color they were, but their expressions were the same. It was like they were trying to read my mind. Though with Vera being a Hex Maniac, excuse me, Girl, I'm sure that's exactly was she was attempting.

That lawyer tried to find out what I was hiding. He was trying to see why but I wouldn't tell him. I wasn't allowed to. Sure, they weren't there to stop me, but he was. He would've told them it was a lie. He would've told them that I planned it and did it in purpose.

Sure, I got off, but at what cost? Well, everyone thinks I'm a paranoid maniac, so I think that's one reason. "Unstable. She's unstable. She wasn't in her right mind; she is unstable." That was my defense. I was found innocent by reasons of insanity, but I don't think that's why I'm innocent. No, I actually did it, but in self defense. I guess everyone is against me, then. They want everyone to think I'm crazy. But if everyone thinks I'm unstable, I'll show them I'm not. And if they still don't believe I'm not... Ahaha.

Just wait and see.