6.2

Sienna's P.O.V.

It's raining today. I've never been a fan of the rain. I like sunny weather better. That was one of the plus sides of living on Cyllage City, not that there were many.

I've decided that I may like Valerie. She actually does seem to understand me and my situation. She seems very nice, even offering us a place to stay.

"Si-Si," Akia says. "Weren't you traveling with a group?" I nod. "Aren't they worked about you by now? I haven't seen you try to contact them. Or them you."

"They should be headed this way," I say. "If they're worried about me, it shouldn't take them long to get here."

"Oh, ok," Akia says. In truth, that's a lie. They'll most likely stay in Lumiose for a day or two to see if I pop up, and if not.... That's not good. I can't risk them reporting me missing. He, I'm sorry, he could find out.

Valerie seems to understand this. She's dressed notably more simple today in a smock top and skirt. "Sienna, considering your, um, situation, I am not sure if that is a good idea. Besides, aren't your things still in Lumiose?"

"Yes," I confirm. "I don't think it would be good to wait around."

"Then we should leave." Valerie looks over to KC. "Excuse me, KC, but could I ask you to watch the gym while we are away?" He shakes his head and pets Persian. "I expected that much. Akia will you do it. You could use the training anyway."

"Yes ma'am," Akia says with a salute.

"Thank you. Remember, Fairy types only. KC, you can stay or come with if you'd like." He doesn't make a move. "I see.  Then we shall be going now. Follow me Sienna." She grabs a few things, including an umbrella thankfully, and we take our leave. I hold the umbrella while she holds Averie. My little Eevee has taking a liking to the gym leader. Maybe that's why I trust her and not our similar stories.

"Sienna," Valerie  begins. "Tell me more about your friends."

I almost scoff at that. "Firstly, they're not my friends, just traveling companions. Secondly, they have their quirks to say the least. Russet at first glance seems nice and layed back, but he's pretty full of it. Cerise is alright, little on the stupid side and a somewhat incompetent trainer, but a pretty friendly girl. Jasper has an attitude and by the looks of it, hates his brother Russet. That's pretty much all I can say about him. He cares a lot about Peridot, however."

"Peridot," she says dreamily. "That's a pretty name."

"It is. Peridot is really sweet but a little too emotional for my liking. He needs to grow up."  We're leaving town and going on the Nature Trail.

"I think what you did will force him to,"  Valerie says. She's talking about Malicai. I felt obliged for some reason to tell her about what happened. It honestly didn't seem to affect her.

"Force him? How will it do that?"

"He doesn't have anyone to depend on anymore. He'll be forced to grow up, to be independent."

"I think you're wrong there Valerie. Jasper seems a lot closer to Peridot than Malachi was. And from what I've seen, Peridot is already very dependent on Jasper. He'll never grow up."

"Maybe so. But who are we to judge the mind of someone when ours have been judged unfit. Unwanted. Un-"

"Valerie, I would appreciate if you don't use that word."

"Ah yes of course. I apologize. I understand why you wouldn't like that word."

"That's fine," I say. Averie yips and motions diagonally from us.  "Mmm, it looks like there are two of my companions, Cerise and Russet."