1.4

I've only been to Menhir Trail a few times, but none of the times I went did I see so many Eevee.

"Why are there so many Eevee," Jasper asks no one in particular.

"Hell if I know," Cerise says, "But it looks like it's huntin' season!" She pull two Pokéballs out of her bag and throws one. "Silex! Let's go!" A bright orange and gray Pokemon pops into being, stretching its wings as it does. It's a Fletchinder.

Cerise walks around the group of Eevee, leaving the rest of us. Russet looks at me. "Would you like for me to catch you an Eevee?"

"Yes, thank you," I say. I love Eevee. They're my favorite Pokemon.

"AAH! WHAT THE HELL? DEMON EEVEE! DEMON EEVEE!" I turn to the source of the scream, Cerise, and find her on the ground in front of what I think she's calling 'Demon Eevee.' The Eevee has a glossy coat and looks very aggressive.

"OKAY BITCH! YOU WANNA GO," Cerise yells at the Eevee. "Silex, use Quick Attack!" The bird Pokemon speeds towards the little fox but when it's about to hit, it finds itself in the Eevee's mouth.

"Eevee used Bite," Russet says blandly. He turns to me with a smile. "C'mon, let's go get you a Poké- oh look, there's one right there!" I look down to where he's pointing and see an Eevee looking at me with a darker face than the rest of its fur.

"Oh hello there," I say. "What are you doing here?" The Eevee presses a paw to my leg and wags her tail. "Do you want to come with me?" She says her name repeatedly. "So I take that as a yes." I pick up the Eevee and cradle her in my arms. She seems to like it.

"Do you need a Pokéball to catch her with," Russet asks me. I shake my head.

"That won't be necessary." I look at the Eevee.

Why did you choose me? What are you up to? I hope nothing. You're very cute. I'd hate to have to ruin that.

"Are you going to name it," Russet asks me.

I nod. There is a particular name I've always liked. "I'm going to name her Averie."

"Cute name. Hey Malicai," Russet says. "Why don't we catch those two over there?" He points to two Eevee standing near a pathway leading to a set of towering stones. One looked very young, as if it had hatched only a while ago. The other looked fully grown and had an reddish tint to its coat.

Malachi stares at them for a minute. "Sure but I want the one with the reddish coat." He looks at Russet for confirmation.

"Sure, that's fine." Russet grabs a Pokeball from his belt. I still haven't figured out how other trainers do that. How can you just grab a Pokeball and know which Pokemon is inside? I'll have to look into that.

"Ladro, come on out!" He calls forth a Frogadier.

"So we're using water types, huh? Riv, I choose you." Malicai sends out a Psyduck. The two boys run towards the two Eevee, calling out attacks as they do. I'm left with Jasper and Peridot. Jasper doesn't seem to happy.

"What's wrong Jasper," I ask him.

"My stupid brother," he responds. "I want a Pokémon."

"Does he know you want a Pokémon?"

"He should," he mutters. Then he goes into Russet's bag that he left with us. Jasper takes out a Pokéball.

"You're just gonna take it without asking," Peridot asks. Jasper nods and looks around. He stops at an Eevee that's not paying attention. It's coat has a pinkish tint. Jasper throws a Pokéball and it hits the top of the evolution Pokémon's head. A red beam of energy shoots out and covers the Eevee. The ball wiggles three times and a clicking sound comes from it.

"Captured," Jasper says quietly as he goes to pick up the ball. I feel slightly worried for Jasper. Only slightly. It's not nice to steal. Especially from your family. Did he catch it for Russet? I highly doubt it.

Jasper puts the Pokéball in his pocket. "Don't tell Russ," he tells me and Peridot. Why not? I'm sure Russet would like to hear about this. Maybe I should tell him. I don't like liars. Most of the time, at least.

- - - - -

The others successfully catch their Eevee. Cerise names her girl Fyn. Malicai names his male Lumi. Russet names his boy Eevee Krew. I haven't told Russet about Jasper yet. Speaking of which, Jasper names the pinkish tinted Eevee Timo.

"Perry," Malicai says, "Don't you want an Eevee. We're still on Menhir. I can catch you one."

I frown at the nickname. "No thanks," Peridot says. "I'm good without one."

"I don't think the little girl following you agrees with that," Cerise says. Her hair is messy and she's covered in dirt and scratches. Her Eevee is very aggressive. Anyway, she's talking about the Eevee that's been following Peridot.

"I don't want it," Peridot says. "It needs to go back to wherever it came from." The Eevee still wears the smile it's had this whole time. Peridot turns to it.

"Leave. I don't want you. Why would I catch a Pokémon I don't want? Why would you want a trainer that doesn't want you?" The Eevee isn't deterred. Peridot sighs.

Malachi chuckles. "Do you-"

"Give me the damn Pokéball." Peridot takes the capsule from him without turning around. Peridot stares angrily at the Pokémon. "I don't like you." The Eevee jumps and smiles. Peridot presses the ball to its head and the red energy envelopes the Eevee. He puts the Pokéball in his pocket before the capture is official.

"Her name is Altura," Peridot says before anyone could ask. We all smile and keep waking to Geosenge Town.

I don't like what happened today. Jasper stole a Pokéball from his brother and captured an unknowing Pokémon. Peridot rejected a Pokémon and caught even though he said he disliked it. Cerise practically assaulted her Eevee in battle. And Russet and Malachi almost drowned theirs.

I could be exaggerating. But I'm not. I know what I saw. I saw what I know. It happened! It really did! And who's to say they wouldn't do things to me. They did it to innocent and adorable Eevee. They would hurt me. But if I go back... Going back isn't an option. I. Cannot. Go. Back.

Okay Sienna. Calm down. I think I'm squeezing the life out of Averie. It's going to be okay, Sienna. They won't hurt me. If they do, then they'll regret it. Maybe not at first but I'm a good negotiator. There are three people who already know how I get! I could just get Russet, Cerise, Malachi, Jasper, and Peridot to ask them. Oh wait. They can't...

Oh well!