11.4

Sienna's P.O.V.

"Silex, finish with Flame Charge!" The Talonflame soars upwards, flames flickering on his wings before it becomes completely engulfed. He speeds towards Cryogonal and his it dead on. The ice type falls to the ground hard, ending the very set up battle.

"Cryogonal is unable to battle," the referee says. "Talonflame is the winner. Therefore the battle goes to Cerise!" Both Cerise and Russet jumped into the air and cheer.

"I did it," Cerise exclaims. "On my first try too! I did it!"

"Awesome, Cerise," Russet says with a huge smile. "You beat the strongest gym leader in Kalos like it was nothing! You really have improved." Not really. Wulfric threw this battle more than Valerie did. He just wanted to get them out if here so he could talk to me.

Wulfric laughs. "You know what? Your Pokémon really through everything they had into that battle just now! I can tell you two have really trained them well!"

"Thank you," they both say with a laugh.

Wulfric hands Cerise her badge, the fourth one she doesn't really deserve. "Good luck in the league Cerise. You have a lot of potential." He turned to me with a smile, a very fake one. "Now, please excuse me, I haven't seen Sienna in some time. I think it's time we catch up!"

"Yes sir! Thanks," the two say.

"Hey guys," I say. "I might not be joining up with you guys. If I'm not back by tonight leave without me."

They nod, without questions thankfully, though Russet seems a bit upset. "Bye Sienna!" Russet continues. "Oh and, if it is goodbye, we really enjoyed traveling with you! I had fun!" I nod and Cerise and Russet walk away, still raving about the win. I don't watch them leave.

I know Russet and Cerise are gone when Wulfric looks at me. He drops the jolly old St Nicholas smile and glares at me. I'm not looking at him, but I know he's giving me that stone-cold scowl I became used too. If I were to look at him now, all the confidence I had would completely vanish.

No, my attention is on Averie. She's still tense and agitated, scared too. I can see it. She doesn't like it here and though I hate to say it, I'm sure the moment I set her down, she'll run. She's so opposite of Inouï. I wouldn't have even questioned his loyalty; so why do I feel the need to protect Averie? How would I redeem myself to Inouï by doing that...

I wouldn't. Averie isn't Inouï. Averie has served me no purpose. She hasn't done anything for me besides remind me of Inouï by trying to be him. She isn't him. She'll never be.

I set Averie down. She looks at me quizzically, almost desperately, but I ignore her and look in front of me, still not at Wulfric, but definitely not at Averie. She whimpers and presses her nose to my leg. I still ignore her.

"Sienna," Wulfric says. I flinch at him saying my name. That always meant trouble when I was younger; today is no exception. "Who else have you murdered?"

I look up. Big mistake. Our eyes meet. His are a cold, slushy gray, shining with sadistic savagery. D-dammit! I played right into the trap. He wanted me to look up! He wanted to look me in the eye, to intimidate me! That's why he's the 'strongest gym leader in Kalos': intimidation. He doesn't have strength, he uses intimidation like it's his special ability.

Akia would say he was raised by Mightyena and that's how he learned Intimidate. She would also say that it was why his name is Wulfric. Some mythical creatures called Wolf or something that look like Mightyena. I don't really know. That girl was always pretty crazy.

The thought calms me. It wouldn't be a stretch to say it gives me confidence. Akia always talked about killing Wulfric and breaking away from the family. She would dye her hair, wear dresses, catch non-ice type Pokémon without permission. Anything to defy Wulfric's wishes. She said one day she would get rid of him.