2.2

Peridot is lucky he has such a beautiful name. Waking me up in the middle of the night is not something I like. Especially when my life isn't depending on it. Though in his defense, he wasn't trying to. Wait, that isn't a good enough excuse.

Anyway, right now we're standing at the edge of the crater in the middle of Geosenge. Russet, Malachi, Peridot, and I. It's dark, but I can see Jasper hanging on to the edge of one of the huge brown boulders inside.

- - - - -

I think it's flashback time. About ten minutes ago Peridot came running into the hotel room Malicai and Russet were sharing. Mine was right next door. We had given up waiting for Jasper to come to the Pokemon Center at around ten o'clock.

"Guys wake up," Peridot said. His voice is soft even when urgent. I immediately got up to see what was going on. "Come on wake up! Jazz is in trouble!"

"What happened," Russet muttered sleepily.

"Well," Peridot said shyly, "We were exploring that hole in the ground..." He swept his feathery blonde hair from his face nervously.

"Idiot," Russet muttered, "Malachi, get up. We got a mission."

- - - - -

And that's why we're standing here now in our pajamas.

"How the hell did you get down there," Russet asks to Peridot.

"Forget how he got down," Malicai says. He turns to his brother. "How the hell did you get up from there?"

"I had Altura propell me up with Quick Attack. But that's not important right now! Help Jazz before he falls!"

Russet looks at Malachi and rolls his eyes. Malachi takes a Pokeball from his pocket.

"Ciel, come out!" A Pidgeotto emerges from the bright blue light. "Ciel, go get Jasper." Ciel makes a sound in acknowledgement and flutters down to get the eight year old.

"Will Ciel be strong enough," Peridot asks. I was thinking the same thing.

"Should be," Russet says, "And if not I could just get Malin to use Psychic." I wonder what kind of Pokemon Malin is.

As it turns out, Malin wasn't needed. Ciel did a good job and getting Jasper out. He may have dropped him flat on the ground once he had got him to safety but nonetheless he did a good job.

"Jasper, what were you thinking," Russet asks furiously. "Actually, I bet you don't even know yourself. Peridot, why'd you let him do that?"

Peridot shrugs his shoulders. I thought he was about to say something but he doesn't.

"Whatever," Russet says, "Let's just go back to the center."

"I don't wanna," Jasper says.

"Look," Russet says angrily, "It's two o'clock in the morning and I'm positive you haven't slept. Let's go." Jasper pays him no attention. Instead, he gets up and walks away.

"I don't have time for you," Russet says. He too walks away, except in the opposite direction.

Peridot starts to go after Jasper but Malachi stops him. "Perry, come on. You need to sleep too. You been out all night?" Peridot nods.

"But what about-" Malachi cuts Peridot off by bending down and coming back up with younger brother on his back.

"Hush now," he says, "You need to sleep. We'll check on him in the morning." Peridot looks like he wants to protest but knows he won't win.

"Okay," Peridot says wrapping his arms around his brother's neck. I follow after them silently. I actually think they don't know I'm here. I should let myself be known.

"Is that why Jasper didn't come to the center? You two were out in that crater?"

Peridot jumps. Obviously he didn't know I was here. "No, when I met up with him we kinda just talked for a while. We didn't go to that hole until later."

I think I should try and make him feel better...Nah. He'll be fine. He was fine before he met me. He'll be alright now.

- - - - -

"Are you kidding me," Cerise says, "Damn. You get into one battle with a Demon Eevee and you miss all the drama!" She was dressed differently today. Mainly because the skirt and tank top she wore before was badly torn by her 'Demon Eevee.' Instead she wore a purple shirt and black shorts.

"Speaking of which," she continues, "Where is Jasper?"

"Most likely with Perry," Russet says.

"And where is he?"

"Somewhere in this world." The three of us, MalachiCerise and I, stare at Russet.

"Oh come on," he says, "They got one Pokemon between them. They couldn't have gone far."

Malicai smirks. "There's a cave the next route over."

Russet's eyes narrow. "A cave?" His voice his low.

"Mhm. It's a mighty big one too."

"Of course it is..."

"It'd be easy for two eight year olds to-"

"I know Malachi."

"And they only have a Normal type Poke-"

"I get it! Damn," Russet exclaims. "Ugh, I just can't catch a break with this kid!"

We laugh. Well they do. I honestly don't know what's so funny. And what's the big deal with them getting lost in a cave. It's their fault for going in there. They have an Eevee... Oh I get it. Normal type Pokemon. Cave. Rock type Pokemon. Disadvantage. Inexperienced children. Sounds dangerous. But it's their fault.

Still I have to follow my traveling companions as they go on their second rescue mission today. Besides, I haven't finished my checklist.

- - - - - - - - - -

That's moment you realize that the last six chapters of your story took place over the course of one day. Gosh... But fret not, it'll speed up now that the intro is over and they're out of the most boring torn in the Pokemon world.

But anyway, thank you guys for reading. I really appreciate it. And Merry Christmas !!! And Happy Hanukkah even though I think that ended yesterday! And Happy (Merry?) Kwanzaa even though that starts tomorrow! And Happy Boxing Day to the Commonwealth unless it's only in Canada tomorrow! And Happy whatever else you celebrate besides New Year's because that's when your next update will be!

Kyrati out!!! ✌✌✌ ❄⛄❄