𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐞.

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

"So, are you going to tell me what all that was about?"

Juliet kept her eyes trained to the floor, ignoring Harry's eager gaze. "I don't know what your talking about." she said innocently, quickening her pace.

"Don't be daft, Juliet. I have ears!" Harry said angrily, catching up to the nervous-looking girl with three quick, thundering footsteps.

"It doesn't matter, Harry, just drop it." Juliet snapped.

"But it does matter," Harry began furiously, his voice raising a frightening amount. "Because I dream of the Department of Mysteries too!"

Juliet stopped dead immediately, spinning to face Harry with a gaping jaw.

"How did you..?—" Juliet began to Harry, but was cut off when a familiar face turned around the corner to face Harry and Juliet, who had been staring at eachother with a confused kind of awe.

It was Ron.

"Oh- hey, Ron." Harry said casually, which made Juliet give him an even stranger look.

"He knows?" Juliet hissed, slightly too loudly.

"Know about what?" Ron snapped angrily, turning to Juliet, "that you've been lying to me, while Harry has told me the truth?"

Harry gave Juliet a suspicious, confused look. "Why didn't you tell him about the Occlumency?"

Juliet wanted to melt into the floor.

"I just- I just didn't—" Juliet stammered, but Ron continued,

"-Instead you decided to make up some bullshit excuse about Remedial Potions, which was so ruddy awful I'm ashamed that I even believed you!" He exclaimed, his face turning red with anger.

"I'm sorry Ron, but it's not that big of a deal—" Juliet began, but was once again cut off, "It doesn't matter if it was a big deal or not, Jules! You still lied, and what's the point of being in a relationship if—"

For a moment, there was awkward silence between Ron, Harry and Juliet, as they all stared at Ron, who was struggling to regain his breath from yelling so much.

"Relationship?" Harry mused quietly, to which he recieved no answer. "Right. Well, i'm going to sleep. Remember to keep the noise down, wouldn't want Snape having to come out to council you."

Juliet and Ron both murmured quick goodbyes to Harry, who left the hallway quietly. Soon after Harry's footsteps echoed away to nothing but a quiet tap, so Juliet and Ron faced eachother once again, their faces both filled with hurt, confusion and anger.

"Juliet.." Ron began more quietly, his voice soaked with sweet honey and bitter pain. "I really- well, I really like you but- but you have to stop lying.. it's confusing me."

Juliet felt her heart splinter with guilt, a swelling pain eating away at her insides. "I- I won't do it ever again Ron, i'm sorry."

Ron stared into Juliet's eyes for a moment, and the girl watched all the anger in the red-haired boy's face melt into a stinging type of pain.

"I could never stay mad at you." Ron muttered. "It's embarrassing what you do to me."

Juliet didn't know what to say, so she hesitantly held out a hand, softly tracing the boy's fingers with her trembling touch. However, the boy pulled away his hand, staring at Juliet's fingertips with fearful, pained desire.

"I- I'm just going to go to sleep." Ron muttered, and before Juliet could respond, he was gone.

Juliet stayed there for a moment longer, digging her fingernails which once traced Ron's gentle hands into her own punishable palms in an aggressive pursuit.

How could she be so stupid to lie?

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

"𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡."
published: 9th of february, 2021
edited: 9th of february, 2021

"published: 9th of february, 2021edited: 9th of february, 2021

an:

hi! i low-key haven't updated in like 3 months lolz sorry but i'm back now!! sorry this is short and bad i'm still getting into the jist of things again x

love, rose