𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲.

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

Dumbledore had a strange twinkle in his eye.

It wasn't his usual glimmer of amusement and joy, it was more like a sign of seriousness and pity.

Juliet was afraid of it.

"Come take a seat, Miss Laurent." Dumbledore said kindly, referring to the seat opposite his desk where he sat.

Juliet gulped, taking a seat at the allocated chair and turning to face the Headmaster, hoping she didn't look as nervous as she felt. In all honesty, Juliet had no idea why she had been called to Dumbledore's office. Had she done something wrong? Not that she knew of. Was she getting expelled? She hoped not.

"Miss Laurent, I presume you know why you are here today?" Said Dumbledore.

"Er- no." Juliet said frankly, her eyes filled with blank, fearful confusion.

The corners of Dumbledore's mouth upturned into a soft, pitiful smile, his eyes creasing at the corners.

"You remember your collision with Professor Snape earlier today, Miss Laurent, am I correct?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes, I suppose I do..." Juliet said carefully, studying her Headmasters expression in a desperate attempt to understand the motive behind his words.

"Ah, I see," Dumbledore's eyes twinkled once again. "And may I ask, Juliet, did you feel a— strange sensation, in your mind, during the interference?"

Juliet froze, analysing every possible solution in her mind, but nothing seemed to fit the old man's words.

Then suddenly, she remembered, that she in fact did feel a strange sensation in her head that morning, like a strange pulling feeling threading out her thoughts and memories like a cutting string.

"Yes, now that I think about it, I did feel rather strange." Juliet admitted.

Dumbledore seemed to beam at her ever so slightly, his eyes lighting up in recognition.

"Ah, yes.." Dumbledore mused. "Miss Laurent, have you ever heard of Legilimency?"

And then it hit Juliet.

The reason she felt so strange and felt that sense of invasion in that moment, was because Snape was literally inside her mind.

A thousand blazing thoughts rushed through Juliet's mind like a searing flame, causing her throat to tighten in anxiety and her eyes to burn with the kindling of tears.

How much had Snape seen?

"Yes," Juliet said, her voice coming out as a scarce whisper. "I have."

Dumbledore smiled softly. "I'm apologetic to say that Professor Snape— mistakenly, inflicted his Legilimency abilities on you this morning, and witnessed certain occurrences that prove to be both unsettling and, if I might say, rather horrific."

He knows.

"I don't know what your talking about." Juliet mumbled.

An understanding smile appeared on Dumbledore's wisened face, stretching crease marks across his cheeks and eyes. "But I believe you do, Miss Laurent. However, I understand why you wish to not speak of the matter, and I respect that."

A small breathe of relief escaped Juliet's lips, but that relief wasn't enough to replenish the pit of anxiety that was already gnawing away at the girl's stomach.