𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

The potions classroom reeked of chemicals and plant extractions as Juliet took a seat beside Hermione.

"You did potions at Beauxbatons, right?" Hermione asked. Juliet furrowed her brow, "of course we did, we just did it— differently." she responded as if it was obvious.

"You know, Laurent. You don't have to be so rude all the time." mumbled Ron from the left of Hermione.

Juliet rolled her eyes, "I wasn't being rude, Weasel. I was just responding normally."

"It's Weasley, not Weasel!"

"I like Weasel more, it suits you."

"Bloody hell, your annoying." Ron muttered, leaning over into his potion book to read today's list of ingredients. "Hey- Harry, do you mind getting the Veela hairs?"

"Sure thing, Weasel." Harry, who was Ron and Hermione's close friend, joked. Yet quickly stepped away towards the rows of ingredients when Ron gave him a fuming expression.

"Ignore those idiots, Juliet. I'll get the veela hairs, powdered moon-stone and belladonna fluid." Hermione smiled at Juliet, which she returned to her before leaning over and focusing on the Draught of Joy potion.

Juliet then realised that she was left alone with Ron, who was muttering the incantations and steps for the potion process in a very loud, annoying tone.

"Could you shut up, please? I'm trying to concentrate." Snapped Juliet, but received nothing but an exaggerated eye roll from Weasley.

"Fine, be a selfish git about it, Weasel."

This spiked a reaction from Ron, who flicked an ink quill in her direction, splattering dark ink across Juliet's cheek.

"Ugh, your soo annoying!" Juliet exclaimed, dipping her hand into the ink bowl and smearing it across the red-heads nose and cheeks.

"Oh— you'll pay for that, Laurent!" Exclaimed Ron angrily, putting a handful of ink through Juliet's hair.

The feud continued for a few moments longer, with Ron and Juliet flicking ink onto each others robes, face and hair. They were so endorsed in the fight they didn't see Professor Snape walk up to their table with a furious expression.

"And what is going on here?" He asked in his droning, angered tone. Ron and Juliet exchanged a glance, then both exclaimed at the same time,
"It was her!"
"It was him!"

Snape raised his brow with an incredulous expression. "You both will attend detention in Professor Umbridge's office after school today, to pay for your revolting behaviour." His lip curled in disgust at the last few words before he trudged away to the next table.

Juliet gave Ron an aggravated expression, "look what you did!" She groaned.

At that moment, Harry and Hermione returned from their trip to collect the ingredients, and saw Ron and Juliet both covered in splattered ink.

"What on earth happened here?" Gasped Hermione, setting down her materials to inspect ink on Juliet's forehead.

"Ron thought it would be funny to splatter ink on me." She muttered, giving a glare to him.

Harry grinned, "real brilliant, Ron. Great way to pick up girls."

"Shut up, Harry!" Ron yelled, blushing profusely.

"How about you all shut up so we can begin our potions? The lesson is already half way through!" Hermione exclaimed, giving them all harsh looks.