𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐲'𝐬.

☽ ★              ⇎✾⇎             ★ ☾

Juliet had never expected the end of her first day at school to be spent wrapping toilet paper around her gauged, bloodied hand, sobbing into her shoulder.

But I suppose the world works in mysterious ways.

"Juliet? Is that you?" A familiar voice asked from the left of Juliet.

Juliet looked up to see her brothers face; the same kind, brotherly face that she always knew; instead of the confident, charming expression he put on nowadays to impress his Slytherin counterparts.

"Juliet? What happened to your hand?" Elliot demanded, rushing over to Juliet's side in less then a heart beat.

"Oh— it's nothing. Just detention with Umbridge." She muttered, sniffing as she wiped away her tears.

"That's not nothing— Umbridge did this to you? That's practically abuse!" Elliot exclaimed, examining his sister's hand carefully.

"It's fine, Elli. I'll be fine. Just go to dinner." Juliet gave him a weak smile, which he didn't return.

Instead, Elliot took his sister by the hand and led her to the Hospital Wing.

Juliet was somewhat calmed by the crisp white beds and solemn, plain walls of the Wing, which calmed her beating heart ever so slightly.

A fussy lady with a kind, stern face and greying hair quickly rushed over to Juliet, mumbling and chattering away as she sat her on a bed and began tending to her hand.

"Dear-oh-dear. Not even a day into the school year and already an emergency— what's your name, dear?" The lady asked swiftly, looking up momentarily from applying oils to Juliet's hand.

"Juliet Laurent- me and my brother are new."

"Ah- right! Heard about you, come from France. I'm Madam Pomfrey— oh, no dear. Stay still while i—"

And then the woman was blabbering again as she fussed over her injury. Juliet gave her brother a look that said, you really had to bring me here?

Elliot gave her a smirk, not responding to her obviously implied expression.

"Elliot, you can go if you want. Your gonna miss out on dinner if you stay." Juliet told her brother between Madam Pomfrey's grumbling.

"No, it's fine, Jules. I should stay with you, your my sister."

Juliet smiled, a breathe of relief escaping her throat. She was starting to think that Elliot was forgetting her, that he didn't love her anymore.

"Even if I'm in Gryffindor?" Juliet asked quietly, her eyes afraid.

"Even if your in Gryffindor."

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

Juliet got back to the Gryffindor Common-room rather late that night.

Madam Pomfrey had discovered that sorcery had been put on the murderous quill, restricting the wounds it inflicted from being able to be healed by magic. However, she had applied numerous gels and pastes onto the wound and promised Juliet it would still heal quickly.

But Juliet knew that wasn't true; since she had another detention tomorrow that would add to her bloodied wounds.

Juliet had expected the Common-room to be empty, since it was now almost ten o'clock at night. However, a familiar red-head was seated on the sofa, bent over a text book.

Weasel.

Juliet crept a few steps, trying to get past to the staircase without Ron noticing her. To her dismay, the floorboards were rather loud and began to creak after a few steps.

Ron turned to her, and Juliet was surprised to see his expression relieved at her sudden appearance.

"Finally. I thought you'd never come back."

Juliet blinked in confusion, was this the same Ronald who splattered ink all over her?

"Um- I was at the Hospital Wing." Juliet explained, standing awkwardly with her bandaged hand tucked into the pocket of her robes.

"Oh. How is your hand, by the way?" Ron asked, confusing Juliet even more.

"It's fine."

"Oh- good."

Ron rubbed the back of his neck, looking around awkwardly. "Um- I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened before." He muttered.

Juliet raised her brows, "your sorry for what, exactly? Splattering ink all over my brand new robes or telling me that you didn't care that my hand had been torn apart and was bleeding everywhere?"

Ron gave her an incredulous look, "you splattered ink all over me, too!"

"Thats not the point!"

Ron let out an exaggerated sigh, "bloody hell, your annoying! I'm just sorry, okay! Sorry for being such a bloody idiot! Now can you just— go upstairs and let me try to figure out whatever I said that was wrong and why your being so confusing now!"

Juliet gave him a final glare before trudging away and up the stairs to her shared dormitory, throwing herself onto her four-poster bed.

Juliet ignored the muffled questions that her fellow fifth-year girls gave her, and instead pressed her face into her pillow, wondering why Ron got her so angry, confused, nervous and excited; all at the same time.

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

"𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡."
published: 25th of september, 2020
edited: 30th of september, 2020

"published: 25th of september, 2020edited: 30th of september, 2020

an: take a shot every time ron says bloody hell
love, rose xx