𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐝.

☽ ★              ⇎✾⇎             ★ ☾

"Soooo... what did you get up to?"

Juliet spun around so fast, it felt like her stomach hadn't kept up with her. Standing by the stairway to the dormitories, was none other then Azelea and Fay.

"Nothing." Juliet muttered, her face growing hot as she padded past her two friends and up the staircase, Azelea and Fay following shortly after.

Juliet had a feeling they didn't believe her, and wanted to question her further; but Juliet's head was too light from her experience with Ron to make up any believable excuses, so she simply threw herself onto her bed and drew her curtains to a close.

Muffled chatter orbited Juliet's bed as Azelea and Fay settled down somewhere in the dormitory, chatting with what sounded like Parvati and Lavender.

"Your still doing homework?" Juliet heard Lavender scoff. "I finished mine yesterday."

"Well, I take more classes then you." Fay grumbled. Juliet was convinced she had an expression of pure disdain on her face.

"Maybe," Lavender quipped, "if you didn't leave your homework so last minute, you'd actually have an opportunity to speak to boys."

Juliet could hardly contain herself from scoffing in disgust and humiliation for the ringlet-haired girl.

"Ooh yes, Lavender; because you can definitely speak." Azelea muttered, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Well, I can!" Lavender defended, her shrill voice growing higher. "I spent the entire afternoon with Ron today, and— and we did it!"

At those final words, Juliet drew her curtains opened and propped herself on the side of her bed, facing Fay, Azelea, Lavender and Parvati, who were perched on cushions scattered across the floor, looking slightly surprised at Juliet's sudden appearance.

"So... tell me, Lavender, what did you do with Weasley?" Juliet asked in a cold tone.

Lavender gave the girl a mildly shocked look, which was quickly replaced with smugness.

"Well, let's just say it's very clear he has feelings for me." Lavender said with a tight smirk. Juliet glimpsed Azelea pretending to gag and Fay containing tears of laughter from behind Lavender.

Juliet was so tempted to say where she had been and what she had been doing with Ron twenty minutes prior, but quickly bit her tongue when she considered the consequences. A few beds away sat Hermione Granger, who was almost definitely listening in on the girls conversation as she did her homework. Hermione would definitely talk to Harry about this, and Harry Potter would not react well to his best mate doing such explicit things with the girl he was so sure was his enemy.