𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

☽ ★              ⇎✾⇎             ★ ☾

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

Why would staircases be made so complicated?

Juliet chewed on her lip in concentration, carefully making her way up the constantly changing staircase that led up to the Gryffindor Common-room.

The entire dinner had been spent with Juliet being bombarded with questions by Hermione and the Weasley twins, and only responding by nodding or shaking her head.

Now, Juliet stood at the back of the group of Gryffindors, seeking a soft bed to sleep and forget about her troubles in.

"Come on, you lot! We don't have all night!" Hermione called out from the top of the stairs. The Gryffindor Prefects were the ones to lead the house up to their Common-room, meaning they had to endure Hermione's constant scorning to hurry up and quit dawdling.

Finally, after what felt like millions of disappearing  stair cases, Juliet found herself facing a portrait of a rather plump lady.

It was quite amusing, really; watching Hermione yell "Mimbulus mimbletonia" at a painting.

But, to Juliet's surprise, the portrait reacted by swinging backwards, opening to reveal an entry way.

    ☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

The Gryffindor Common-room was truly a magical place.

It was a large, stone chamber with velvet red furniture and a crackling fire place. Chattering portraits covered the walls and gigantic windows let sparkling moonlight flood the carpeted floor. Juliet would've enjoyed the warm feeling of seeing her new home for the first time, but she was too fearful to feel anything except anticipation for her fathers reaction at her disappointing housing.

"Juliet, come! I'll show you our dormitories." Hermione gave her a warm, welcoming smile, but Juliet felt it was just to be kind.

There were two sets of grand, dusty stairways leading up to unknown quarters. Juliet assumed one was for boys and the other for girls, as Hermione led her up the one to the left.

Up the left set of stairs was a hallway with seven doors connected to it, all oak wood with brass handles.

"There is a seperate dormitory for all years, so we all have lots of space to ourselves!" Hermione told Juliet cheerfully, opening up the fifth door to reveal the Gryffindor girls Fifth-year dormitory.

Around six seperate four-poster beds lined up, all bearing red velvet sheets and silk pillowcases.

"We share our dorm with four other girls." Hermione told Juliet, "Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil, Fay Dunbar and Azelea Arnold."

Juliet nodded, still silent. Hermione gave her a quick look, betraying how uncomfortable she felt in the presence of the so-called Slytherin mistake.

"Well- um, I should go make sure all the first years are sorted. I'll see you later." Hermione said hurriedly, "I'll give you some time to- sort out your stuff."

"Okay."

"Er- see you later, Juliet."

Once Hermione had left the room, Juliet let the stony expression slide from her face and collapsed onto her bed, letting the tears fall as she sobbed relentlessly, only then realising the full severity of her future in the house of so-called Blood traitors and Mud-bloods.

         ☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

It was around an hour later when Juliet heard footsteps and giggling come through the dormitory door.

"Have you seen Dean? He's sooo tall now!"

"Is he really? Seamus is still rather short, mind you!"

Four girls paraded into the dorm, silencing once they saw Juliet sitting on her bed, rifling through her luggage.

"Oh- um. Hi, there." A girl with long, shining black hair gave a small smile.

"Hi." Juliet gave a shy smile, hoping it was enough for them not to think she was a total mute freak.

"Um- is this definitely your dorm?" A girl with light brown ringlets of hair asked in a suspicious, high pitched tone.

Juliet's heart sunk slightly. Her voice now rather cold, she retorted, "obviously it is, I'm in fifth year."

The girl gave her a taken-aback look, "well- there's no need to be rude. This is Gryffindor, not Slytherin!"

A girl with hair the colour of carrots gave the girl a stern look, "Lavender, don't be an idiot. She's in Gryffindor, not that house of snakes. She's different." The girl gave Juliet a smile, thinking her words would have benefited her mood. However, Juliet was rather taken-aback.

"My brother and some of my friends are in Slytherin. They aren't snakes." Juliet shot.

The girl with red hair looked as if she wanted to poke her wand into her own eye, "oh- sorry. I just thought you would've-"

"It's fine." Juliet gave a tired smile, pulling the posters of her bed to cover her from the snickering girls.

So much for a good first impression.

☽ ★              ⇎✾⇎             ★ ☾

"𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡."
published: 17th of september, 2020
edited: 30th of september, 2020

"published: 17th of september, 2020edited: 30th of september, 2020

an: poor julie bby lavender can catch my hands
love, rose xx