𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

The Hogwarts Express finally came to a halt after the hours long journey.

When Juliet stepped outside of the train, she was mesmerised.

A gigantic castle made of cobblestone was built upon a rocky hill surrounded by a deep, black lake. Lanterns were scattered among the castles walls, illuminating Hogwarts like what you would see in a dream.

Juliet clung to her brothers side, keeping her eyes adverted to the floor as she trudged along after him, not really looking where she was going.

That was probably why she bumped into the red-head again.

"Ouch- are you kidding me!" He exclaimed, spinning around to face her when Juliet walked straight into his back.

His expression changed when he saw her, "oh- it's you." He muttered, "I'll let you get back to your Slytherin friends." He sneered those final words, then turned back around to face his circle of friends.

"What's his problem?" mumbled Elliot, glaring at the Gryffindor prefect with disgust. Juliet shrugged, "I dunno, that must just be the way all those arrogant Gryffindors act." Elliot gave Juliet a pleased expression, as if he was joyed she was beginning to fit in with the whole 'Slytherin' persona.

Juliet followed the group of Slytherins into a horseless carriage, and was surprised to see the handsome, tan-skinned boy who had welcomed her and her brother into the train compartment before come and sit beside her.

"I didn't get to introduce myself before, my names Blaise. Blaise Zabini." He gave a smile, which Juliet returned.

"What was Beauxbatons like? So many of them came to see the Triwizard's Tournament last year, but none of them were in my year." Blaise chattered away.

"It's beautiful there. Our uniforms were made of silk, not this rough cotton they use for Hogwarts. The gardens were filled with flowers and hedges, and the castle was a gigantic white chateau with millions of windows." Juliet sighed, reminiscing her beloved Beauxbatons.

"That sounds great, why would you ever want to come to Hogwarts instead of that?" Blaise joked.

"That's what I've been saying to my father, but he won't listen!" Juliet exclaimed.

While Juliet was chatting with Blaise, she looked over to the other side of the carriage and saw Draco staring at her, his eyes filled with something strange that Juliet couldn't detect.

"Oh- I think were here!" Blaise exclaimed as the carriage came to a halt, "finally, I can't wait to get back to the Common-room. Juliet, I'll show you the best spots when we get there." He grinned. Juliet returned the grin, but a strange feeling in her stomach told her she'd never get to see the Slytherin Common-room.

☽ ★ ⇎✾⇎ ★ ☾

The inside of the Great-hall was magnificent. There were four dining tables, all decorated with tapestries to represent the four houses, and the roof had been bewitched to mimic the night sky, galaxies unfolding throughout the image.

Juliet and Elliot followed the first-years, giving each other amused looks as the younger kids chattered to each other nervously about what house they would be put in.

"I remember being that age, but i was never that ridiculously nervous!" Laughed Elliot. Juliet laughed along with him, even though she was afraid she was even more nervous then the group of first-years.