Just Another Day..

TW : SLIGHT EATING DISORDER 

~George Pov, Sep. 5th, 6:45am~

My alarm blares in my ears as I cover my face up with a pillow, trying to block out the noise just enough to go back to sleep. But the noise was persistent and too much for my brain to take. 

I reluctantly sit up in my bed, only to get stuck in my thoughts about the many way of how I could convince my mother to let me skip school. I could tell her I had felt nauseous or pull the 'I'm a sad puppy so listen to me' card, but neither of those usually work.

I cant stand school. There is no main reason, but i want to get into collage and get through that as quickly a possible. I cant stand learning, classrooms, or anything of the sorts. I'm not trying to be a Harvard kid or anything special. I just wanna be able to get a job after collage enough to supply for me and maybe a family, but I haven't really thought about that part yet.

I look over at the clock. The time reads 7:15am. I'm supposed to leave in 5 minutes, but I don't rush getting ready. I have many tardies and even more unexcused absences, but like most of the things in my life, I really don't care.

I have never really cared about my apperance. Plain jeans and very large hoodies are practically stuck to my body every time I walk through the school gates. I don't really get name brand stuff either because its a waste of money that we don't have at the moment. I really don't mind though. Besides, i like to give any  of my spare cash to my sister, Kyla. She is a freshman in high school, but she is very mature. However, its natural for her to want little things like the newest lipstick or a bracelet that matches her outfit.

After I'm ready to go, I go to check to make sure that Kyla is awake, only to be met with a note.

"You were getting read too late, so I headed out already. Mom left too. See you after school. Love you -K & Mom"

She was such a good kid. She always managed to look at the bright side of things, even when ir felt like there was nothing but darkness. She was never late to any of her classes, always got good grades, and had loads of friends. She was only person in george's life that he felt connected too. Like a unspoken bond that made them close. Kyla always told George about her life on the bike ride home from school, but in never bothered george ; he preferred only listening anyway.

I feel a smile creep on to my face. It gives me pride knowing my sister is already a mature, well-behaved, smart young woman at the solid age of 14. I know that she will become something big one day.

I check the clock on stove one last time as it reads 7:22am. I'm not running as late as a usually do, which should give me a sense of accomplishment, but it doesn't end up giving me anything. I walk out the front door and unhook my bike from the porch. I had given my brand new helmet i had bought for myself to Kyla, and I couldn't afford another  right now, so I just didn't wear one. I turn my music on and put 1 earbud in, and head to school.

I live very close to the school, only a few blocks, so my sister and I bike to school everyday. I have never minded though. Usually, K is too tired to talk this early in the morning, so I just get time to think about whatever my mind pleases. I usually think about dad though. Its been almost 3 years since him and I went out to buy flowers for mom. Almost 3 years since the drunk driver hit the side of our car, almost killing him on impact and only leaving me with a few scratches. Almost 3 years since he was put into the ambulance and pronounced dead on September 12th at 7:03pm. And almost 3 years since I watched them try to revive my fathers dead body covered in blood and bruises.

I finally snap back to reality, only to realize that I have pulled into the school. I lock my bike up to the rack and throw my bookbag onto my back. I take the other earbud and put it into my spare ear, making sure its secure before I release. I turn my volume up as high as it goes, praying that people will take the hint that I have no interest in talking to them.